Chapter 5

"Jett no!" Radar screamed at her as she ran to the boy.

She kept her gun pointed at the strange boy who had wondered into her territory. "Who are you?" She asked, her voice was soft.

He coughed a reply. He opened his mouth to say something but his vocals had been shot.

"Jett." Radar looked at the sky. "A storms rolling in, we got to get back to the cabin."

Jett ignored her friend. She gave the boy one of the two water bottles she carried on her. He took it cautiously, checking it over before taking a sip.

"Now." She looked at him, keeping the gun aimed on his face. "Who are you?"

"Newt." He said sourly.

"What kind of name is that?" Jett raised her eyebrow.

"A good one."

"We need to go." Radar walked toward her, his voice rushed.

"We can't just leave him here." Jett argued.

"Fine we'll take the scumbag, but Sid ain't going to be too happy with you." Radar trudged back to the cabin.

"A storm is brewing up Newt, give me all your weapons and come with us." Jett pulled out her hand, waiting for him to put any of his weapons in her palm.

"I don't have any bloody weapons." He shook his head.

Jett hesitated. "Alright let's go." She hauled him up with her hand and helped him walk, she still kept her gun on him.

"Can we pick up the paste?" Newt looked around.

"I agree with the guy!" Radar shouted from up ahead.

Jett, Newt and Radar jogged back to the cabin. Newt looked around and took in the scene, the scene of safety. He eyed the several people who walked around the area proudly, the younger kids playing with small toys and the elders watching them. This was a safe heaven from the looks of it.

"This is amazing." He said before he realized it.

"It took a long time to set up but it's the closest thing to home." Jett nodded, leading him into the cabin.

Sid stood backwards, so she couldn't see Newt. The person she was talking to was also turned backwards. Jett couldn't believe her eyes.

"Uh Sid." Radar said awkwardly.

"Yes Radar?" She turned around and her eyes widened. "Who's this?"

"Who's that?" Newt asked, pointing at Sid.

"Never mind you two." Jett smiled at the person she was talking to. "Your back!"

"I am." Said the first in command. "It was a harsh week but we made it back with loads of supplies."

"Did you lose anyone?" Jett asked shyly.

Newt didn't have a bloody clue what was going on.

"We lost Arnold to a group of damn cranks." The first in command spoke.

"Oh." Jett frowned.

"It's good to see you again sir." Radar reached for the first in commands hand and shook it.

"As to you Radar."

"I'm sorry." Newt interrupted. "But you are you? And you? And you?"

"Names Stevenson son." Stevenson shook Newt's hand. "Clint Stevenson."

"I'm Jett." Jett flashed a grin, before leaning against Stevenson again. "That's Sid, she's second in command and that's Radar."

"Bloody wonderful." Newt rubbed the back of his aching head.

"This is the worst damn time for y'all to bring a newbie back to the cabin." Sid shook her head. "Storms approaching and we need to make sure everyone is inside and the doors are locked."

Newbie. Newt hated that word.

"I'll get right on it." Radar took off in a sprint.

"Jett can you get Newt settled please? Maybe give him some new clothes, get him some grub." Stevenson smiled at Jett and she nodded.

"Alright." Jett nodded. "Follow me."

And Newt did, still looking around the cabin.

After making it to the top step of the cabin, he finally asked. "What is this place?"