Chapter 4: Embark

Yellow, a little girl I've known since (Y/N) was eight years old, was a really close friend of his, almost like his little sister.

Yellow: (Y/N)!

She rushed over to me and gave me a hug.

Yellow: It's been a while! What have you been up to?

(Y/N): Well, it's a long story...

(Y/N) went on to explain what he had been up to over the past few months, as well as what happened yesterday and today.

Yellow: Wow, so you have a dream now?

(Y/N): Well, putting it that way makes it sound like I was a dreamless guy with nothing to do, but yeah...

Yellow: Oh, sorry. It sounds great, though.

She hugged him again after briefly staring at the ground.

Yellow: I'm going to miss you...

(Y/N) ruffled her hair and cheered her up.

(Y/N): Hey, no one will be looking out for the weak Pokémon that live in the forest while I'm gone. So, do you think you can do the job? Of course, don't ever get yourself in danger.

Yellow wiped her tears away.

Yellow: Without a doubt, yes! Leave it to me!

(Y/N): Thanks, Yellow.

(Y/N) checked the time.

(Y/N): Alrighty, I think I'll have to go now.

Yellow: Oh.

(Y/N): I won't be gone forever.

(Y/N) proceeded to give her one last hug.

Yellow: Goodbye.

(Y/N) then began to walk away.

(Y/N): Oh, and also, Yellow!

Yellow: Yeah?

(Y/N) had to tease her one more time.

(Y/N): I hope the next time we meet, you'll be more of a lady than you are now!

Yellow: Hey!

(Y/N): Haha, anyways, bye for now!

Yellow smiled and shouted.

Yellow: Bye, (Y/N)!

That marked the start of (Y/N)'s journey. He felt a sudden burst of energy and began sprinting, easily exiting the Viridian Forest thanks to a shortcut. That's when he heard a familiar sound.

"Rai!"

It was the same Raichu as earlier, racing towards him. It stopped just as it was about to touch him.

Raichu: Rai rai!

(Y/N): You wanna come with us..?

Raichu: RAI!

(Y/N): Raichu, this could be a long and dangerous adventure. Do you really want to abandon your peaceful life here, just to join us?

Raichu: Raichu!

Raichu glanced up and nodded as rapidly as he could.

(Y/N) smiled and took a Poké Ball out of his backpack.

(Y/N): Welcome to the team.

Raichu pushed his head on the Poké Ball, allowing it to capture him. Following a faint sound of three beeps and the flashing of red lights. The capture was complete, and (Y/N) had caught Raichu.

(Y/N): Alright! Let's go! The three of us will conquer all the gyms!

Viridian City

(Y/N) arrived at Viridian City after some more walking. He had visited the city a few times but never went to the gym. He easily located the gym, but then he realized.

(Y/N): It's CLOSED?! The hell?

What kind of gym is this? He quickly looked at his map to figure out where the next gym was.

(Y/N): Well, I guess it's Pewter Gym. Wait... Right now, I don't have any flying Pokémon, so...

(Y/N) went running around the city in search of something, and as soon as he found it, he shouted.

(Y/N): Taxi!

Pewter City

(Y/N) was in Pewter City in no time. He hurried to find the gym as soon as he arrived.

(Y/N): Oh thank God, this one is open.

When he opened the door, he was greeted by rings where Pokémon battles were taking place. He shortly realized he needed to apply for a number. He registered and patiently started waiting.

(Y/N): Okay, so the leader is a rock type, so Froakie will basically have to carry us. Raichu is weak against rock, but he knows how to use bric-

Announcer: Number 12!

(Y/N): Oh, yes?!

Announcer: You're up for the next fight, come on up.