Chapter 16

Fuchsia City

I dropped off my Pokémons at the Pokémon Center, except Eevee due to her not wanting to, and I was taking a walk outside of the city.

-Gosh, it's been a long day, Eevee. I caught you, went to Cinnabar, met a legendary Pokémon, had to fight it, and now we're in Fuchsia.

Eevee looked at me and smiled. She looked like she was just happy to be with me. After all... When I caught her, she was all alone in a flower field.

I smiled back at her.

-Alright! Let's go buy some berries for you and everyone else.

Eevee-Eev!

I was about to walk back, but, out of the blue, I felt a massive force pushing down on me and fell down.

Eevee-Eevee!

Eevee ran towards me.

???-You were such a nuisance for so many of us. I would just end you here right now, but that would be too cowardly.

I looked up and there was a long haired woman floating in the air. She had a huge R sign on her uniform.

-Team R-Rocket...

???-Yes, (Y/N). You know, I thought you were much stronger than this from what I heard, but what can you do right now? Can your little Eevee do anything?

-T-That...

???-What?

-That is such a cliche thing to say... Eevee! Swift!

Eevee shot star shaped rays towards the woman, but it... Went through her.

???-Like I said, you and your Eevee cannot do anything right now. But I'll be giving you a second chance, (Y/N). Come to Saffron City, we'll be waiting. For now, au revoir...

After saying that she just disappeared in a flash. And after she left, the pushing stopped.

Eevee immediately ran towards me and looked really worried.

-It's alright...

I petted Eevee.

-But... Was that... A Pokémon..?

Pokémon Center

I grabbed all of my Pokémons and went to the forest. There I let them out.

-Everyone, well...

They all looked at me curiously.

-This Team Rocket group or whatever, seems like a serious problem.

I gripped my fist and looked at the ground.

-I want to stop them, but right now... I don't know if we'll be safe. More importantly, I don't want to endanger y'all.

Frogadier suddenly grabbed my shoulders. I looked up and was surprised. He was glowing in blue...

-Frogadier...

Frogadier's figure started growing taller and bigger. A scarf-like thing covered his neck and after a few seconds, he evolved into a completely new Pokémon.

He gripped his hands and shouted.

???-GRENINJA!!!

All of my other Pokémons looked surprised and I was out of words.

-Greninja?

He nodded and started scribbling something on the ground. I looked and saw that he had drawn a R.