Chapter 12: The Nature-Loving Princess

Celadon City

(Y/N) couldn't contain his excitement as he approached the Celadon City Gym. He had spent the night in a nearby hotel, eagerly anticipating his battle with the Grass-type Gym Leader.

(Y/N): Wait a minute.

Upon reaching the gym's entrance, his enthusiasm quickly turned into frustration. A sign on the gym door declared it to be CLOSED.

(Y/N): WHAT!!!

He began banging his head on the door in frustration.

(Y/N): What. Is. The. Point. Of. A. Gym. If. It's. Never. Open!!!

Suddenly, the door swung open, and a gym member peeked his head out.

"Who are you!"

(Y/N): Well, I came here to challenge the gym, but I might just burn the Celadon City down now.

"W-What?"

(Y/N): Nothing... Listen, when is the gym gonna be open?

"Our lady Erika is on a journey right now. She'll come back in a few days."

(Y/N): Then... Can I at least know where she went?

"I believe that she has gone somewhere near the Safari Zone."

(Y/N): Safari Zone? Alright, I can work with that, thanks! 

Next Day

Y/N) searched through the whole Safari Zone the day before, but couldn't find the gym leader. As a last resort, he decided to explore the area surrounding the Safari Zone. He thought that if he couldn't find her inside the Safari Zone, he might have better luck outside it.

As he wandered through a vast forest, he couldn't help but feel a little anxious.

(Y/N): I hope I don't get lost... I hope...

His exploration led him to a tall grass field.

(Y/N): From what I know, the leader is a Grass-type specialist, so maybe...

He ventured into the tall grass, not knowing what to expect.

Suddenly, something gelatinous touched his ankle. He looked down to find a curious Tangela.

(Y/N): Well hey, little guy.

Out of nowhere, another Tangela touched him from behind, and then another, and another. In a blink of an eye, numerous Tangelas surrounded him.

(Y/N): H-Hey...

The Tangelas all jumped at him at once, causing him to fall to the ground. (Y/N) tried to run, but his legs wouldn't move.

(Y/N): Damn it...

"Stop that!"

A voice from the grass commanded the Tangelas, and they immediately obeyed, lining up in an orderly fashion. 

(Y/N) stood up and scanned the area for the source of the voice.

(Y/N): Who is that..?

Out of the tall grass, a beautiful well-dressed lady emerged.

"I apologize about that. The Tangelas here are pretty aggressive."

(Y/N): N-No need to apologize, I should've been more careful Besides, it's not even your fault.

"Thank you for being so thoughtful. My name is Erika, by the way."

(Y/N): Oh, my name is (Y/N). Nice to meet you, Erika.