Chapter 6: Evolve?

Next Day

Before taking on the Cerulean Gym, (Y/N) chose to train with his Pokémon.

(Y/N): Now listen, you two. Since we decided to reach the top. We cannot skip out on training. We have to keep on getting stronger. The strongest!

The two exchanged smiles and nodded.

(Y/N): First thing to do is! Climbing up that mountain! What's it called again? Oh yes, Mt. Moon! Let's get started!

The three of them raced to the mountain and began ascending.

(Y/N): First to reach the top gets to buy anything they want from the store! So- Wait a minute...

Both Froakie and Raichu began climbing the mountain by employing quick attacks. They were gone in the blink of an eye.

(Y/N): I'm an idiot...

After what seemed like an eternity, (Y/N) was finally at the top. Froakie and Raichu were already there. Both appeared to arrive at the same time.

(Y/N): Alright... You both won...

He collapsed on the ground and reached for his water bottle.

(Y/N): Froakie?

Froakie had always refilled (Y/N)'s water bottle with his water-type move.

(Y/N): Thanks, buddy. Raichu, drink some too.

After some rest, they decided to defeat all the Zubats in the mountain. Well, not all, but a great deal of them.

(Y/N): Alright, Water Pulse! And Thunderbolt!

Froakie: Fro! Froakie!!!

Raichu: Raichuuuuu!

All of the Zubats that were flying around were directly hit by the two.

(Y/N): Nice! Let's keep going! Froakie, use-

Froakie started glowing.

(Y/N): Froakie?

After a few seconds of flashing lights, a dark bluish figure was standing where Froakie had been.

(Y/N): Did you just?

"Fro!"

(Y/N): You evolved!!!

He dashed over to hug him, and Raichu quickly followed.

(Y/N): Now, what should I call you? Oh, the Pokedex!

He activated his Pokedex and aimed it towards Frogadier.

Pokedex: Frogadier - The Bubble Frog Pokémon. The evolved form of Froakie. It's a nimble and acrobatic Pokémon that excels at jumping and climbing.

(Y/N): Frogadier? That's such a cool name! Another group hug!

Cerulean Gym

They soon arrived at the Cerulean Gym after more rigorous training.

(Y/N): Let's destroy this one. Not literally though.

He rushed to find the leader and discovered that this gym is not the same as the one in Pewter City.

(Y/N): Weird, where can I find the leader?

"Are you a challenger?"

Behind him, he heard a voice. Starmie was standing there as he turned around.

(Y/N): Hmm... A talking Starmie?

"Not there, you silly!"

(Y/N) looked around again and noticed a figure approaching from the shadows. It was a young lady with orange hair.

Misty: Hi! My name is Misty. Leader of the Cerulean Gym.