Chapter 15: Aerial Hype

(Y/N) soared into the air with his Corviknight, locking eyes with the formidable Moltres.

(Y/N): Frogadier, ice punch!

Frogadier leaped, delivering an ice punch towards Moltres, which, though powerful, only slightly affected the Legendary Pokémon.

Wasting no time, Corviknight and (Y/N) positioned themselves below to catch Frogadier.

(Y/N): Alright, how about... this! Corviknight, hyper beam!

Corviknight unleashed a deafening cry and launched a devastating hyper beam towards Moltres.

Moltres, reacting with a pained squawk, managed to evade partially but took the full brunt of the attack on its feet. It plummeted from the sky, crashing down.

(Y/N): Blaine! Tell Red's Gyarados to use a hydro pump!

(Y/N) shouted, trying to maintain their offensive.

Blaine responded immediately, shouting.

Blaine: Gyarados, hydro pump!

Gyarados charged up its attack, but before it could release the torrent of water, Moltres retaliated with a fierce flamethrower aimed at Gyarados.

Thinking quickly, (Y/N) commanded Frogadier,

(Y/N): Water pulse!

Frogadier unleashed a pulse of water to intercept the fiery attack, creating a cloud of steam that obscured their surroundings.

(Y/N): Damn it, this is much harder than I thought...

He mumbled as he pondered their next course of action. He called to his mind the list of moves his Pokémon knew, searching for a solution.

(Y/N): Let's try this! Corviknight, use metal sound!

(Y/N) cried out, while covering his ears, bracing for the deafening noise as Corviknight unleashed an ear-piercing sound towards Moltres.

Strangely, the sound only seemed to enrage Moltres further, and it began to chase after him.

Moltres screeched as it rushed towards (Y/N).

A change of tactics was clearly necessary.

(Y/N): Change of plan! Corviknight, let's take the Moltres away from here.

He called, urging Corviknight to move.

Moltres pursued them briefly, but then inexplicably halted. It cried out in defense before ceasing its pursuit.

Curious, (Y/N) glanced around and saw a familiar figure rapidly approaching.

(Y/N): Could've come sooner!

Red and his new flying Pokémon, Aerodactyl, were closing in on them at full speed.

With a resounding speed they passed through him and headed directly for Moltres.

Red: Sorry about that!

(Y/N): No problem, let's finish this!

(Y/N) exclaimed, joining them in the battle against Moltres.

Moltres started shooting more fireballs, but Frogadier skillfully countered Moltres's fireballs with water pulses, maintaining a high level of precision.

(Y/N): Nice! You're getting the hang of it!

Red: (Y/N)! Can you distract Moltres for a second, I'm gonna attack with full power!

(Y/N) nodded in agreement.

Then Red and his Pokémon executed a hyper beam on Moltres, aiming for its body but narrowly missing.

The attack, instead, struck Moltres's wing, causing the Legendary Pokémon to falter in flight.

(Y/N): This is our chance, let's finish it with another hyper beam!

(Y/N) cried out as Corviknight charged up the powerful attack.

At that moment, a voice from the cliffside shouted,

"R-Retreat!!! Moltres, return!!!!"

A Poké Ball soared towards Moltres, and it was recalled inside.

The Team Rocket members had been watching from the cliff.

Red, his frustration evident, muttered.

Red: Cowards!

(Y/N): Wait. This is better. Corviknight, use the hyper beam on them!

Corviknight unleashed the powerful attack towards the group, shattering the ground beneath the Team Rocket grunts, causing them to plunge into the ocean below.

(Y/N) was eager to pursue and finish them off, but Blaine quickly stopped him.

Blaine: There won't be much we'll be able to learn from them

And with that, Red and (Y/N) descended to the ground, the battle against Moltres finally concluded.

Blaine: Thank you both so much... I will never forget this.

(Y/N): Don't mention it.

Red: No problem, I got a new Pokémon thanks to you.

Blaine: His name is Aerodactyl, and seems like it likes you very much.

Red (Smiling): Yeah.

Red caressed Aerodactyl affectionately.

Suddenly, a touch on (Y/N) back alerted him, he turned to find Corviknight staring at him.

(Y/N): Oh.

(Y/N) reached out to stroke Corviknight's head as well.

Blaine: I must go now... I still have a mission to fulfill.

Concerned, Red inquired.

Red: Will you be okay on your own?

Blaine (Reassuring): Yes, don't worry.

He gestured in a direction.

Blaine: If you head in that direction, Pallet Town will show up. I wish you guys good luck on your journey.

With those parting words, Blaine began walking away.

(Y/N): Hey, Red.

Red: Yeah?

Red turned to face him.

(Y/N): Did you visit the gym on this island?

Red: Oh! I heard a rumor that it's closed.

(Y/N): Of course! Of course...

(Y/N) chuckled softly.

Red burst into laughter suddenly.

(Y/N) (Puzzled): You okay?

(Y/N): Yeah, it's just that every time I meet you, we always get into these weird situations and never get to have a battle.

Red explained, his laughter contagious.

Reflecting on their past encounters, (Y/N) joined in laughing.

(Y/N): Yeah, our Pokémon are always in no condition to fight after those incidents.

Glancing at Corviknight and Frogadier, (Y/N) mused aloud.

(Y/N): Well then, I think I'm gonna start heading to Fuschia City then. Corviknight, do you still have the strength to fly me there?

Corviknight confidently spread his wings, demonstrating his readiness to take flight.

Red: I think I'll start heading to Pallet Town. I can heal up my Pokémons there.

Red announced his plan.

(Y/N): I guess it's bye for now then.

(Y/N) said, returning Frogadier to its Poké Ball and preparing to depart.

(Y/N): See you again, Red!

Red: Bye!

Red waved back.

And together with Corviknight, (Y/N) soared into the sky.

(Y/N): Let's head to Fuchsia. That way, you guys can get healed first.