1.2

After Savannah had confirmed the date, Spencer and Morgan sat down to plan it. They would leave work at 5PM and start cooking at 6PM so when she arrives at 7PM it's still warm.

The meal of the evening would be Lasagna and needless to say they cleaned on Thursday evening. It's never unorganised in a disgusting way, like dishes laying around or trash waiting to be taken out it's more a chaos of things that just aren't put back to its place. Like the bags in the bathroom and the books on the living room table. Or the notebook on the kitchen table and the blankets on the couch.

"The lasagna is in the oven,everything that can go wrong now is that it burns but then we will just order take out."

"Did you set the time?"

"Of course."

"And it is the right one?"

"The one that it always is. It will be fine trust me. We cooked this recipe a couple hundred times by now." When he first had suggested the idea of a dinner together he hadn't thought it would stress Spencer out this much. "Can I help you somehow? Is there anything I can do?"

"Call this off."

"Is it that bad? Then I will and we do it sometimes else." Spencer didn't say anything and just kept digging his fingernails into his arms moving from one foot to another. "What about sitting down and finishing that book to get your mind of her?"

They eventually settled down on the couch Spencer having his knees drawn up the book leaning against it while his eyes scan the pages and Morgan lays on the other side of his couch checking his phone when she rang at the door. Nearly half an hour earlier than she announced.
"She is too early."

"It's not a problem."

"It-It- It is she is too early. We are not finished. Nothing is finished."

"It's okay, that is not a problem for her."

"It is for me. It is for me. She is not supposed to be here yet. It's to early."

"Hey, listen to me. It's okay nothing bad will happen just because she is early. It's okay."  The doorbell rings again followed by a knocking. "I will just tell her we need a minute." This is going horrible, he should have just brought her home like he did with one night stands and not make a big deal out of it.

"Hey, I see-"

"Listen, I need you to wait for a couple of minutes. You are way to early."

"What you haven't clean yet? C'mon I don't mind."

"Please." He presses. "I am sorry."

"What's going on?"

"Just stay here." Nervously he opens the door again and goes back into the living room were Reid was sitting on the couch,both feet on the ground pulling at his hair. "Hey,hey,hey careful."

"Plan."

"I know."

"Plan."

"We will make a knew one." Spencer breaks out into a sob. "Can I touch you?" He nods ones and Morgan moves forward, pushing his arms between Spencer's arm and his body and pulling him close letting him slide down onto him and burying his head in his neck. "It's okay, it's not gonna happen tonight. It's okay,you are okay." Morgan hasn't seen Savannah step into the hallway and looking at the scene in shock. "You are okay, I've got you."

"Plan"

"You are doing good, it's okay to get upset about this."

"Plan." He repeats and hits Morgan with his elbow by accident causing him to move one hand up to Spencer's head and looking at Savannah. This was not how he wanted this to go down. "Plan. Candles."

"You want to continue the plan?"

"Candles." Morgan let's go of him but Reid's only searches more closeness as a result so Morgan wraps his arms around him again.

"I am here. Not going anyway."

"Savannah."

"Savannah is in the hallway."

"Savannah. Going anywhere."

"You want her to go away?" Frustrated Spencer hits his tight.

"I am here. Not going anywhere." He quotes Morgan and eventhough he normally is pretty good at understanding Reid he can't help but feel helpless right now. "Savannah."

"I am sorry,I don't know what you mean right now."

"Going anywhere. Savannah." Spencer tries again and Morgan can feel Spencer scratching himself.

"Is this about me and Savannah? Me and Savannah going anywhere?"

"Alone. No plan."

"That is not happening, Spencer. I am here, and that won't change for now. It's okay." Eventually Spencer calms down and allows Morgan to let go who wipes the tears of Spencer's face and helps him back onto the couch, draping a blanket over his legs and handing him his book back. "Can I leave you alone for a few minutes?"

"Yes." Relived by the progress he gets up and steps out of the room and sends Savannah out of the door, walking down the small path to the street with her.

"I am so sorry." She says looking back at the house.

"It's not your fault."

"You specifically said not to come to late or early."

"It's alright. It happened, no way to change it now." He tries to easy her conscience a little bit. "Let's try this again sometimes else maybe just you stepping by by coincidence. I didn't know it stressed him out this much until a few minutes before you arrived."

"Is he okay?"

"He will be." They share a moment of uncomfortable silence. "Listen, I have to go back in-"

"Do that, for what's worth the Lasagna smelled amazing."

"Maybe someone will bring you leftovers in your lunch break tomorrow."

"That would be okay. Text me when he is okay?"

"Of course." He leans down giving her a kiss and was surprised by her reaction to it.

"I love you. I'll see you tomorrow."