2.2

"Morgan do you have a second?"

"Of course come in." Thankful Hotch nods and closes the door to Morgan's office behind him.

"I wanted to ask if everything is okay with Reid? I don't need any details just if he is because he doesn't seem like it."

"He isn't."

"Is it something I should worry about?"

"He fears that Savannah and I will move in together making him move out and now he is trying to prove to himself that he can do everything on his own. Which is not the case."

"May I ask if his fear is reasonable?" Hotch finds great importance in the private life of his team members but he would never deny them an open ear or help if needed. If they want to talk to him about something, they always can.

"I don't think I would pick someone."

"Meaning you would pick him."

"He lived alone but that was what? Nine years ago? Between that and today a lot happened. I know he could but I don't- I don't want that, if I can take that weight of his shoulder."

Savannah could tell the change in the dynamic of the two ever since Spencer asked the question and she wishes she had reacted differently. While eating dinner Morgan leans back grabbing a fidget cube from the counter and handing it to Reid who's legs move up an down and who's hand always finds it's way back to his face scratching his cheek but he pushes Morgan's hand away. "I don't need that."

"You are scratching at your face."

"Then let me do that." Patiently Morgan keeps holding the fidget cube in case he needs it but he doesn't grab it and Morgan eventually puts it back when they clear the table and signals for Savannah to leave the room for a minute.

"What's going on in that big brain of yours? Anything I can help with?"

"No."

"Are you sure? Was it the food? Do you want something else?"

"No."

"Did something happen at the office?"

"No."

"Is it-"

"Can't you just leave me alone?" Spencer snaps slamming his fist on the table causing his own plate to rattle and Morgan pulls it further away from him.

"If you tell me you are alright, I will leave you alone."

"I am." Frustrated he presses the side of his arms against the table before detecting that this isn't enough pain and hitting them and Morgan takes a step back and as hard as it is let's him, touching him won't do any good right now if he made it clear that he wanted to be left alone.

It takes him a while of repeating the motion and tears running down his face till he eventually stopped and just hold onto the table for a moment while Morgan walks around offering the chance to ask for comfort if he needs it, but he doesn't and instead just cries and Morgan looks up to see Savannah standing in the living room looking at him in sympathy.

"Pretty boy, what do you say we get you comfortable? Maybe on the couch or your bed?"

"No."

"Alright no need to stress this."

"Can you go?"

"I would feel more comfortable being around. You are pretty worked up."

"Please?"

"Alright I will be in the living room." With doubts he walks over and sits down on the couch, Savannah next to him, they can see him if they wanted to but and definitely also hear him if he needs anything. "I am gonna-"

"He asked for time, give it to him."

"I just wanna help."

"He knows." Eventually Spencer picks up his book again and Morgan walks over minutes later carefully asking what it's about and is relived when he tells him and gets him to come over into the living room with the argument that he can read while Morgan and Savannah watch a movie but not even twenty minutes later he is fast asleep, laying in Morgan's arm who carefully takes the book out of his hand and then is interrupted by Savannah's laughter. "All those muscles and I bet five more minutes in this position and you wish you trained more."

"Watch me."

"I will."

"I will just-" Carefully he tries to get his arm back from under him but Spencer turn around and he uses the opportunity to get back on his back and pull him closer. "See I don't have my arm back but I am comfortable."

"Mmm" Savannah watches Spencer grabbing Morgan's shirt as he nudges into the touch. "You know I would never ask you to stop living with him right?"

"What?"

"I would never ask from you to leave him, after I saw him for the first time this was a final thing for me. If I want to love you I have to be okay with having him around and living in a shared house consisting of two FBI Agents. And I still do don't I?"

"I could kiss you right now,but-"

"Later." If she saw a tear running down his face she didn't comment it.