11.2

"Papa can you hold this?" Hank asks before just handing his crafts to Spencer as he picks him up from kindergarten. "Thank you"

"What did you just call me?"

"Can we grab icecream on the way home? Please?" He asks as he gets into his jacket, "Please, please, please"

"Sure" A little bit confused he looks at the child, maybe he just misheard something, maybe he really should cut back on the coffee, "Do you need help with your shoes?"

"No, I can do it" Proudly Hank slips into his shoes before grabbing his backpack and grabbing Spencer's hand and as they walk past one of his teachers, he says it agian, "Papa is picking me up today."

"That sounds fun." She tells him.

"I am not his Papa." He quickly clarifies, "You can not say that" He hisses,

"Sir, may I see some ID?"

"Sure, of course." Quickly Spencer reaches into his pockets, "I live with him, I should be put down in his file. His parents signed that I can pick him up."

"Follow me please, I will check in on that real quick." Nervously Spencer walks behind her, holding Hank's hand,

"Why can we not leave?"

"She just has to check if I am allowed to pick you up or if I am stealing you."

"Papa is an FBI Agent, he is not allowed to steal children."

"What is going on with you?" Spencer hisses, "I am not Papa, you can call me Spencer or Spence, that's it."

"You are right, Mrs Morgan listed you in here, thank you for your patience, we just want to keep the children safe.

"Of course, it's no problem."

"Can we go now?"

"Yeah" Spencer keeps quiet next to Hank as they are walking down the street, Hank bubbling about what he did all day while Spencer tries to explain why Hank would give him such nickname,

"Are you listening, Papa?"

"I am" Spencer answers, "And I need you to stop calling me that."

"Why?"

"Because I said so."

"But Tim, my friend, also lives with two guys and they are his Dad and Papa."

"That is different"

"Why?" Hank asks,

"Because they are probably a couple, that is why."

"What's a couple?"

"Two people who love each other, like your mom and dad."

"But you love daddy, you say it all the time."

"As my friend."

"That makes no sense." Hank states, "I want to call you Papa"

"I don't want that"

"Papa, papa, papa, papa!" Hank starts while tears start to built in Spencer's eyes, Derek and Savannah are going to be so mad,

"Stop"

"Papa, Papa, Papa, Papa!"

"Hank, I said stop"

"No!"

"Hank please."

"No"

"There will be no icecream" Spencer threatens before taking it back, "That was not fair, you can still have icecream. It's not okay to punish you by taking food away."

They are quiet for a moment, Spencer nervously looking down on the boy who has tears in his eyes after his uncle spoke to him like that before Spencer frustrated leans his head back, closes his eyes and takes a deep breath,

"Sorry" Hank whispers, playing with the zipper of his jacket as he looks at his uncle trying to soothe himself,

"We can talk about it, it's okay" Spencer forces out before grabbing Hank's hand and leading him over to a bench, "Come here" With a smile, he picks the kid up, placing him on his thighs and wraps his arms around him, "From the beginning, why do you want to call me Papa?"

"Because my friend in kindergarten has a daddy too who loves a man and that is his Papa"

"So you think that makes me your Papa? Because your dad and I live together?"

"Yes!" Hank agrees, "Daddy loves you too right?"

"I am sure he does but he does in a different way than your friend's dad loves the man living with him"

"Why?"

"Well some people love each other and that makes them a couple. Like your mom and dad. Or Uncle Will and JJ and then there are people who love each other but they don't become a couple. Like your Dad and I or Aunt Penelope and Uncle Dave. They are just friends."

"So you and dad aren't a couple?" Hank questions his face already starting to look sad again,

"No we aren't but we are the best friends in the whole world." Spencer tries to cheer him up,

"That's not possible" Hank argues suddenly,

"Why not?"

"Micheal and I are already the best friends in the whole world, you can be second though"