•11•

Sorry in advance for any errors or mistakes.
Let me know what you think at the end and I hope you all enjoy

Andre

The whole ride to the house Dorinda didn't speak to me. I felt so bad. I didn't mean to push her, what if I had hurt her it would have been on me. I pulled up to the house and she got out without a word. I got out and we went inside she immediately went upstairs and went in the room and closed the door.

I was just gonna give her some space. I know she probably needed just a little time to herself. I went in the living room and grabbed my controller and started playing my game. What happened at the church started to play in my head. I shouldn't have let myself get carried away like I did. I shouldn't have let him get to me like that. What will her sister think of me now. I kept replaying it in my head, it has been years since I've been angry like that.

Flashback •

I was 17 sitting in my room playing my videogame with my friends then I heard my momma crying and a bunch of yelling. I instantly got up and ran out my room and my friends followed me. I saw my dad towering over my mom as he was yelling at her and she was crying. She was holding her face and it looked like she was bleeding. I couldn't believe what was happening. My own father hitting on my mom while she was pregnant with his child and while his other child was home with company.

I went to him and grabbed him and punched him in the face. I didn't care he was my dad in the moment. He was just some nigga that needed his ass whooped.

"How that shit feel Nigga!" I said as I kept punching him. I felt the rage as I kept punching him. My friends pulled me off him after a few more punches. My mom was still on the floor crying. I went to her and helped her up. I looked at the floor and her legs and seen she was bleeding. My friends helped me take her to the hospital.

"Momma you're gonna be okay. Please I can't lose you or my sister." She was bleeding so much and I didn't know what to do. When we got to the hospital they immediately took her back. It felt like forever for them to come tell me if she was okay. I just wanted my mom and my littler sister to be okay. My Aunt and Uncle had showed up because they were the only other family I had at the time.

The police had came and I had to tell them everything. I didn't know how long he had been doing this to her this was the first time I've actually caught it in action.

After another 2 hours went by the doctor finally came out to talk to us. I could tell by the look on his face something was wrong.

"I'm really sorry but we couldn't save your sister or your mother. We tried everything but she lost too much blood." The spoke. He continued to talk but I stood in shock. I didn't know what to do I had so many emotions going through my mind. I wanted to cry but I was too angry to.

"Can I see her?" Is all I said and the doctor led me to the back to see her. I went in the room and saw her laying there. I went up to her and kissed her forehead as the tears started to roll down my face. I didn't even give her a chance to say goodbye and that I loved her. As I continued to look at her I started to break down and my Uncle had to come get me.

End of Flashback•

I wiped my face as I recalled that exact moment like it was yesterday. I turned my game off and went upstairs to the room to talk to Dorinda. I walked in and she was laying down with her back turned to the door. I knew she wasn't sleep because I could hear her sniffling. I sat on the bed and prepared myself to tell her why I reacted the way I did.

"Doe? Baby can I talk to you?" She stayed quiet so I continued. "I have a reason why I reacted the way I did earlier. When I was 17 I had a few friends at the house. We were in my room playing videogames and we heard my mom crying and my dad yelling. We rushed out my room and saw my Dad standing over my mom and yelling in her face. She was holding her face so I knew he hit her. My anger took over and I reacted by beating him up. When my friends finally pulled me off him I went to my mom who was pregnant with my little sister at the time, she was bleeding so much me and my friends had to take her to the hospital." I wiped my face and continued.

"Um well after a few hours of being there the doctor came and told me I lost my mom and my baby sister. That's why I reacted the way I did because I felt like I saw my mom all over again. I'm sorry I reacted the way I did and that I pushed you. I shouldn't have reacted the way I did I should have just left it alone. I really hope you could forgive me." As soon as I finished talking I felt her hand on my face and I looked at her. She kissed me and wiped my face with her thumb.

"I'm sorry that happened to you. I understand and I forgive you Dre." I kissed her again and pulled her on my lap. "If you don't mind me asking what happened to your dad?"

"Well he got locked up and has been in jail ever since. I haven't seen him since that day, I hope I don't ever see him because I don't know what I'll do."

"I understand he deserved it." I looked at her and kissed her forehead. "I just want to be able to protect you since I wasn't able to protect my mom."

I really liked Dorinda more than I thought. I think I actually loved her. She reminded me somewhat of my mother and that was something I liked about her. She made me happy and I haven't been able to find anyone to make me this happy since my wife. I want to tell her I loved her but I don't want to ruin anything so I'll just wait and keep it to myself for right now.

Thank you all for reading. Definitely let me know what you thought and I hope you all enjoyed this chapter