•22 continued•

Sorry in advance for any errors or mistakes. This is the very last chapter of WDITD so I hope you all enjoy it an enjoyed the story in general...I definitely appreciate all the reads and the love to this book, there may possibly be a sequel 🤫, but
Let me know what you think at the end, I really hope you all enjoy

As we were riding to Greg's house I texted Jay letting him know I was on the way. Then I sent Dre a text making sure he was okay and if he needed me he could call. When we pulled up we saw his car in the driveway and Jay was sitting in his car as well.

"Now y'all be look out and don't go get anymore food." Dorinda said as she got out the car.

When she got out so did Jay. "You will let me handle this alright Jay. I just need you here if he tries anything."

"Alright Ma. I won't do anything."

"Okay good." She said as she held her hand out.

Jay smacked his lips and handed her the gun that was in his waistband. She put it in her purse and they went into the house. When they walked in the tv in the living room was on but no one was in there.

"Check upstairs I'll look down here."

"Ma you sure? Maybe he knows we're here." Jay whispered.

"I got it Jay just go check." She said to him then he went upstairs. Dorinda held the gun like Jay had taught her as she scanned through the downstairs of the house. She made sure she listened hard and kept checking her back just in case Greg tried anything.

She almost gave up but she saw the light in her old office on. "Jay!" She whispered yelled and he came around the corner. When she saw him she pointed to the door, they both slowly crept to the door Greg opened it and Dorinda held the gun up.

Greg had looked up for what he was doing, when he saw them he immediately stood up.

"Sit down." Dorinda spoke with so much authority in her voice. Jay stood at the door as he watched his mother and possibly soon to be dead father interact.

"Doe why are you here?" Asked a confused Gregory.

"I'm here to handle business I should have handled a long time ago. I know everything you did, what you did to Dre and how you were the one behind him getting shot and even setting up that boy to constantly follow me. Why can't you get it through your thick ass skull that you ruined this marriage and that I'm done with you."

Greg started to chuckle. "Oh my sweet Grace..You know you will always be mine...nothing will ever change that...you'll never be able to escape me." Greg said with a evil grin.

Before Greg could open his mouth to speak again Dorinda shot him in his arm. "FUCK!" Greg yelled as he held his arm trying to hold the blood.

"Now I will say this one time and one time only." Dorinda said as she leaned in. "You have two choices, either I could kill you and we make it seem like it's an possible accident or You will leave me and my family alone and when I mean leave us alone I mean pack all your stuff and move out of Detroit." Dorinda spoke as she stared at him. She was not playing any type of games with him. She wanted all this to end now she was tired of living in fear, she wanted to live her life just like everyone else but she was being restricted by this evil man.

"Now make a Choice."

"I'll leave okay just don't kill me...I promise I'll leave you alone this will be the last time you see me just please don't kill me Dorinda. You wouldn't even be able to live with yourself if you did that to me. You know Deep down you still love me." Greg spoke.

He had a point that she wouldn't be able to live with herself if she killed him she wasn't that type of her but deep down she did not still have love for him. After the first day he put his hands on her is when all that love went out the window.

Dorinda nodded her head. "You have two days to leave." Is all she said and walked out the office. Her phone started to ring as she walked out the house.

"Baby everything okay?"

"Yes everything is fine I handled everything over here are you okay?"

"Yes I'm fine I'm just ready to see you now." She said walking to the car. She gave Jay a hug and gave him his gun back.

"Tell your sisters to drop you off at my house you can get your car later."

Dorinda shook her head and smiled. "Okay I will see you in a minute." She said and hung up the phone. She got in the car with her siblings.

"So what happened?" Jacky asked.

"He's gonna leave me alone for good." She said as she let out a breath she didn't know she was holding in. She was finally free from him. Finally she was able to breathe again and able to enjoy Andre in peace.

"Drew take me to Dre's house I'll get my car tomorrow." Dorinda sat back and looked out the window as a smile grew on her face.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••

After a few minutes of being in the car Dorinda said her goodbyes to her sisters giving them hugs and kisses. She got out and went into the house calling for Dre.

"Dreee!?"

"I'm upstairs!" He said from in the bedroom. Dorinda kicked her heels off and took her hair out of her ponytail and went upstairs to the bedroom. Andre walked out the bathroom from taking a shower. He only had a towel wrapped around him and was still had water running down his body. Once Dorinda saw him, she jumped on him wrapping her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist. He held her with one arm while the other held onto the towel around him. She started to kiss his face then their lips finally came in contact with his kissing him deeply and passionately.

Dorinda pulled back after a while so she could get some air. They both looked into each other's eyes with lust. Dorinda didn't even have to say anything and Andre already had her laid down on the bed pulling her dress off. Tonight was gonna be a long night for them but they needed it. Dorinda definitely needed it.....

Thank you all so much for reading WDITD. Definitely let me know what you thought and if you think Greg is really gonna leave Dorinda and Andre alone for good...I hope you all enjoyed this book