Chapter 14: Nope.

A/N: guuuuys!! I went to the One Direction concert!! On the left side is my best friend Mia, and the right side is me. Stay awesome mah mia!

Zack:

I took her to my hideout, a place that my sister and I discovered the last time we went here.

It was a cave entrance that lapped onto the forest floor like an enormous grey tongue. You could go right through and find nothing in it, but it was what lied beyond the cave that was so special, and I wanted to show it to Jeanette.

I put my hands over her eyes, and she subconsciously grasped my hands over her eyes, making me smile. Her hands were warm and soft.

I lead her to the cave entrance, and took my hands away, feeling a slight bit cold without her hands.

Her eyes widened in awe at the humongous gaping darkness that stood in front of her, ready to consume her and show its treasures. She looked back at me, mouth wide open, and I laughed at the expression on her face.

I grabbed a flashlight out of my pocket and grabbed her hand, feeling the warmness once again.

We ran through the cave, dodging rocksicles and jumping over mountain springs. After ten minutes we reached the end of the tunnel, and I could see the light on the other side.

"Come on!" I called Jeanette and she ran after me, laughing.

When we reached the other side, I wowed Jeanette once again. What lied ahead of us was a crystal clear pond with ducks swimming in circles, and vines hanging all around.

Jeanette ran towards the edge, falling onto her knees, staring intently at the ducklings. The mother duck came towards her and ate the crumbs off her hand, so the ducklings followed her lead.

The smile that was on Jeanette's face at the time was purely genuine and beautiful, and I fell for the urge to go sit next to her.

I planted myself next to her and looked at her face that had a sweet smile of adoreness plastered between her cheeks. "This is amazing, Zack. How did you find this place?" She asked quietly, in order to keep the ducklings calm.

"That'll stay a secret." I replied with a wink.

I don't know what came over me, but I turned her chin with my finger so that she looked me in the eye. She put down the chicks and let them swim away.

She looked shocked at first, but relaxed. I glanced at her lips and very slowly, very gently leaned in. She was also leaning in, but with doubt circling in her eyes. My heart was beating so loudly I was afraid she might hear it.

I was so close to her lips that I could smell her cherry breath. Just as my lips touched the surface, she pulled back with wide eyes, sending my head trailing after hers like an idiot.

"What now? What's wrong?" I asked, pulling myself back to reality, almost scared that something was behind me. I looked back and saw nothing, so I turned my gaze back to Jeanette.

"What's wrong? What's wrong?!" She asked sarcastically and rhetorically at the same time, scaring me out of my mind.

"I... I..." I tried thinking of something to respond with but my peanut sized brain couldn't come up with a proper answer before she answered herself.

"What's wrong, is that you have a girlfriend." She stated, the words ringing in my head and bringing up a million complications.

Then one picture and a name popped up that ruined my moment with Jeanette completely.

'Sarah.' My thoughts echoed around my head, and my heart sank into the pits of my stomach. I had completely forgotten about her.

"Jeanette, I am so sorry. I have no idea what came over me."

"Save it Zack. It's okay. But please, just try again when you're actually single." She brushed it off and stared at the ground.

"Okay. Uh, we should probably... go." I said awkwardly, standing and holding out a hand to help her up.

She hesitantly took it, and I pulled her up in one swift movement. We were going back through the tunnel, when I slipped on a wet rock and fell into the stream, getting soaked.

Jeanette laughed so much until she stepped on the same spot and fell on top of me. I instinctively put my hands around her to support her. We locked eyes for a moment and burst out laughing, forgetting about everything bad that had ever happened to us, and just letting go of our troubles.

I helped her get off of me and then she helped to pull me up. Soon we were walking back again, this time with my arm around her shoulder because we were both soaking wet and shivering in the sunless tunnel.

We reached the end of the tunnel and let go when the sun's warming light splashed over our backs. We basked in the sun for a moment, warming up, and then Jeanette looked me in the eye with a mischievious grin.

"Race ya!" She yelled while running in the direction of the cabins.

"Oh it's on!" I yelled while running after her.

Here's the thing. I'm fast when it comes to running, but she's fit. Her winds hold much longer than mine. Thus, the journey home I was ahead, but slowing down. She kept her pace and beat me to the endline.

She gave a victorious "Ooooh!" And shoved her arms into the air, looking as proud as a lion. I rested my hands on my knees in a bending position, panting like the devil was chasing me.

She did a little victory dance and we seperated into our different cabins.

Once I closed the door behind me, I spotted my mom cooking dinner, and gave her a greeting kiss on the cheek. "Hi mom." I said and she smiled back at me.

"Hi Zack. How was your day?" She asked me and I sighed.

"It was good, I guess." I replied, going into the bathroom and undressing.

I turned on the hot water in the shower and climbed in. I relaxed as the hot water running down my back untensed every muscle on my back.

I thought about Jeanette, and then Sarah. I made a decision to do something I should have done a long time ago. To break up with Sarah.