Chapter 5:

Jeanette:

I was in front of my locker when I was suddenly aggressively slammed against it.

"Hey loser." I heard a familiar voice, a voice which belonged to the one and only Sarah.

I ignored her and took my books out.

Suddenly she shoved something in my face and with instinct I shut my mouth. It was yoghurt.

I turned around and saw that I was surrounded.

"What's the matter? Don't like milk?" She said teasingly.

How could she possibly know?!

Before I could answer the question, my heart was shattered into a million pieces.

Zack was standing in front of me, with a vicious smirk on his face. Not helping me, but hurting me.

He pushed me so that my back slammed against the lockers and slapped the books out of my hands.

The next words he said stung me like a wasp, only adding insult to injury. "Scared of milk, are we?"

Sarah emptied the contents of the yoghurt cup onto my shirt, causing the rest of the guys to go 'oooh!', embarassing me completely.

The smell of yoghurt was travelling up my nose, making me feel dizzy, and angry for some reason.

All the guys surrounded me, making a circle, pushing me from corner to corner, over and over and OVER again.

When they finally stopped, Zack stepped up to me again.

"Stop it." I said in a dangerously soft tone, holding back the tears and the rage.

"Or what?" Zack challenged me, and that was when I let it go. I let out all the sorrow and the rage that have been building up inside of me.

I slammed my fist against the locker with all the rage I had. The locker made a very loud sound from the force of my fist.

"ENOUGH!!" I barked, silencing each and every person standing within a twenty feet radius.

"What is so fun of making a person feel miserable? Why do you do this? For fun? IS THAT IT?" I spat, daring them to give me an answer. Even Sarah was silent, gazing down at the floor.

"I can't bloody help the fact that I'm lactose intolerant. Yes. I fart when I drink cow milk. Hilarious. Do you think it's funny to cover me in yoghurt? Do you like making me feel like shit? WELL DO YOU?!"

I laughed madly with tears in my eyes. "And YOU!" I pointed at Zack. His eyes widened.

I walked towards him and slapped him hard across the face. I might have slapped very hard because a red imprint of my hand was starting to form.

He was completely dumbfounded, and yet, he had the nerve to look me in the eye.

"Why. Why would you do this? Why would you give out my secrets and stab me in the back? To make me feel pain? Well... GOOD DAMN JOB!" I clapped my hands in raging sarcasm.

"You know what? I trusted you. You were my very first friend in this school. And this is how you repay me? By turning into a complete asshole and making fun of my allergies? Fun fact, I had a crush on you. Well, not anymore. Screw you. Screw you, Zack." He looked into my eyes. The tears started to fall, and I didn't give enough damns to stop them.

"What did you say bitch?" Sarah hissed from behind Zack.

"You heard me, Sarah. But listen, you can keep that piece of shit. I don't have time for backstabbers." I said, and I saw my friends (Amy and Ashleigh) running towards me.

My eyes brimmed with tears, I confidently held them back, and did a little bow.

"Now if you assholes will excuse me, I have a class to get to." I said and ran off.

"What did you do?" I could hear Ashleigh yell at the group from behind me, and Sarah had the nerve to talk back.

"Mind your own business, Carrot." She spat.

"You don't scare me, chica. Stay away from my friends!" Ashleigh snapped back.

"Jeanette!"

Amy was running after me, and I kept on running faster and faster until I eventually reached a janitor's closet. I locked myself in and let the tears fall.

Why. Why does everyone hate me? Why does everybody want to make my life miserable?

I cried and cried, until I heard a gentle voice outside of the door.

"Jeanette, can I come in?" It was Amy.

I slowly opened the door and put on a brave face. Unfortunately, the moment I saw her, I started crying again.

"Aw, it's okay." She hugged me tightly, making me feel much better within seconds.

"My life is a mess. Everybody hates me."

"No Jeanette. Those bimbo's are a mess. You are flawless. The reason they do that is because they are jealous of you and want to make themselves feel more powerful."

"Yeah but they used my own flaws against me."

Suddenly we heard a soft knock on the door.

"Guys, are you in there?" I recognised Ashleigh's voice.

Amy opened the door.

"Hey Jay Jay." She gave me a comforting hug, and I giggled at my silly nickname.

"Hey Ash." I said, hugging her back.

"If it makes you feel any better, I was actually on my way to give you this." She handed me a bright pink envelope.

I tore it open and read it.

'You are invited to Ashleigh's 17th birthday party! It's a dance party, so bring your favourite party outfit and come celebrate!

Time: 6pm-9pm
Place: 26 Cherry lane
Date: Friday 17 April
Dress code: swim/dance clothes'

17 April was three days away.

I folded the paper and smiled at Ashleigh, who currently had her eyes shut and fingers crossed.

"Yes I will come Ashleigh. Just promise me that Sarah won't be there." I said and chuckled.

"Oh believe me. She can't even dream of coming." She replied dramatically, rolling her eyes.

"Then I'm down! Amy, are you coming?" I asked.

"Um... Ash did invite me but I'm not the party-ish person, so I won't be going." She answered with honesty.

I will never go for Zack again. He has broken my heart so deeply that it has stopped me from loving him ever again.