Chapter 12: I'm sorry

A/N: hey people! I'm happy to say that I'm feeling better, and when I feel better I get creative, so I wrote you guys a chapter! Also yay I'm having a feels day so this will most probably make you squeal.

Jeanette:

The first thing I saw when I woke up was my mom putting me in a bed. I felt so safe and warm. "Mom?" I asked and she gave me a relieved hug. "Oh sweetie, you're awake!" She cried. "Uh... Remind me what happened again?" I asked and her eyes widened.

"A boy brought you home and you were unconcious. He said you nearly drowned." She told me and all the memories came flooding back. Ohhhh no oh no oh no oh no.

"I think his name was... Zane, or something..." She scrunched up her nose in attempting to remember. "Zack." I helped her. "Yeah, yes! Zack! That was his name."

"He- he helped me?" I was a bit shocked that he actually wanted to help me. He went through the trouble of carrying me home on his scooter, taking me to my place... Oh my gosh he knows where I'm staying?

Suddenly I felt a pang of guilt. He helped me even though I kept pushing him away. He didn't hesitate to go into the ocean to drag me out.

I was torn between apologising and settling it as even. I sucked it up and decided to go do what's right and say I'm sorry. I looked outside and saw it was nearly sunset, and my mom was done nursing me.

I pulled on my track shoes and ran for the beach as fast as I could. When I arrived, I scanned the beach and looked for a boy with dark hair.

I spotted him, sitting on the sand with his muscular legs in front of him and his long arms loosely clinging each other and hugging his knees. The colour of the setting sun gently outlined his face with a golden orange edge.

His mouth was in a neutral position but his eyes were twisted as if something was bothering him. He was sad. The guilt was starting to itch. I slowly made my way towards him, making sure he didn't see me.

I confidently planted myself onto the sand next to him. He looked at me and I could tell he was surprised. I wanted to start the conversation with 'why did you save me?' Or 'how come you keep finding me?'

But then I saw his face. It was that of a guilty child who knows he's about to get scolded, and that softened me. The approach I planned was out of the window, and so I said the only thing I could think of saying with my blank mind.

"Hi."

To my surprise, he smiled and replied with "Hey."

After two awkwardly silent minutes, I had enough courage to speak without sounding like a whale on helium.

I sighed. "Look. I realised that I was kind of a bitch to you, even though you saved me. I... I want to say that I'm sorry." I said in a soft voice.

"Don't mention it. I saw that you were drowning and I followed my instincts." He replied.

"No, I... I was really mean, and too darn stubborn to accept the fact that you risked your life to save mine. I gave you hell and you kept helping me. I want to show you my gratitude, so I'll have to reward you in some way." I said and he started protesting.

"No no, there's really no need..." He stopped his sentence dead after I leaned in and softly kissed his cheek.

As my lips touched the surface I felt a tiny spark, shooting from my lips through my heart and settling into my stomach, giving me a warm feeling but activating the familiar nervous butterflies.

His eyes widened and his pupils dilhated, even though he was looking in the direction of the setting sun. His face was frozen in shock.

I smirked at him and turned my head to look at the sun, which was currently touching the horison, causing the sky surrounding it to show off a bright orange light.