Chapter 17: back to school and breakups

Zack:

After the last period ended, I was walking through the school hallways, with people pushing past me to get out of school.

I kept walking with one goal in my mind. I knew where to find Sarah, since she always hangs out at her locker on Monday afternoons.

It was pretty easy to find her. "Ohmygosh I love that outfit! Where did you get it? Charity for 70 year olds?" I heard her say to a girl with a dark green polo shirt on. I came around the corner and saw the girl with dyed blonde hair and heavy make-up.

I rolled my eyes at the stereotypical girl. "Sarah, can I talk to you?" I tapped her shoulder and she kept looking at the poor girl. "Not now Zack." She dismissed me and kept on babbling.

I got irritated. "Sarah!" I said loudly this time, finally having her attention. She reluctantly turned around and the other girl ran away crying. "Okay okay! What is it?" She asked impatiently and rolled her eyes at me.

"Sarah, I'm breaking up with you." I said nonchallantly. Her lashes batted a few times, and she laughed.

"No you're not." She replied.

"Yes, I am."

"Come on, Zack, stop joking."

I kept staring at her with a serious look. Her drawn-on eyebrows raised and fell, and she started batting her lashes again like crazy.

"Wait, are you serious?"

I nodded.

"But... Why? Are my boobs too small?"

"What? No! I-"

"Do I need more makeup?"

"No no no you've got too much on already, anyways my point is-"

"Ugh! I knew I should've gone on that diet. Now I look like a baby hippo!" She kept on rambling and I lost it.

"It's not your looks, Sarah!" I said loudly. She fell silent. "It has literally nothing to do with the way you look. You actually look like a fucking goddess. It's just your personality that sucks. You know why?

You keep attacking people with their flaws. You don't care whether it hurts them or not, and I can't take it anymore. That's why I want to break up with you." I said with a lower voice this time, and she started backing up.

She narrowed her eyes and started to attack me. "this is because of that other little bratface, isn't it? Hah! You know what? You've changed, Zack." She tried her best blows on me, but I've learned how to block them.

"Maybe for the better." I shot back, our faces now inches from each other. I kept my ground and stared her down in defiance.

Like the eye of Sauron, her gaze flashed to the left, and she smiled. Suddenly, she grabbed me by the back of the neck and clumsily crashed her lips onto mine with such speed that it pushed my head back, forcing a harsh and agressive kiss.

She tasted like bitter salad. I was so surprised by that sudden kiss that I had no idea what to do.

Two seconds later, my instincts kicked in and I pushed her off of me. "What the fuck Sarah?!" I yelled as I wiped my lips with my hand, and looked to the left, just to see Jeanette disappear around the corner.

Oh, fuck my life.

I turned back to Sarah, seeing her with a devilish smile on her face. I was furious. "Why did you do that?" I hissed with anger, my blood boiling beneath my skin.

"To get rid of competition."

"Well guess what. You're disqualified, and we're done."

Just like that I turned around and ran after Jeanette.

"You can't just leave me here!" Sarah yelled behind me.

"Don't believe me? Just watch!" I yelled back and kept on running.

"But-but you're my prince charming! You're supposed to save me, carry me into the sunset!" She whined in desperation and I just had to yell something back.

"Your perfectly tanned legs can carry themselves, sweetie!" I yelled with a clear voice.

I felt relieved that I finally broke up with Sarah. On the other hand, Jeanette saw Sarah kiss me. Her heart broke once again.

*after the whole argument*

I watched Jeanette walk away. I couldn't do anything to stop her. I was stuck to the spot, motionless. I felt this horrible guilt eating away at me, and there was nothing I- no! I can bloody do something about it!

--end of chapter--

Ooh! What is he planning?? Find out in the next chapter! 😉 ZACETTE FOREVAH!!