TS | A Random Moment [I]

originally written and posted between March 1st, 2012 and March 13th, 2012 on India-Forums;

background: Arnav & Khushi separated for half the duration of a month after Arnav cleared up the misunderstanding. All is well now.

It was almost midnight and there wasn't any sign of Arnav till now. Khushi sat in the living room alone while flipping through a magazine. Everyone else had gone to sleep, even Laxmi, whom Nani had been having trouble dealing with ever since Khushi came back which had gotten her hyper and excited.

The clock struck 12 as she heard the sound of his car. She stood up straightening her light pink saree which was casually wrapped around her bringing out her feminine curves.

"I wouldn't spare him tonight!"

She gritted through her teeth as she opened the door to find him scrolling down on his BB with one hand and holding the leather laptop bag in another. He looked up at her flustered by her fixed gaze through her narrowed eyes on her.

"Khushi, I..." She took the laptop bag from him, keeping it on the couch in the living room.

"Did you eat anything or not?" "Umm..you see Khushi.."

He stood rooted to his spot looking for words as she stared at him in annoyance. "Go and change Arnav ji, I'll bring the dinner in 10 seconds!" Her voice carried a hint of irritation but before he could say anything to her, she left from there.

He grasped the handle of his bag tightly while cursing himself mentally for getting absorbed in work so much. All while Khushi was in the kitchen, rattling with plates, forks, and spoons as she heated the food for him, constantly muttering 'laad governor under her breath.

He came down to find her putting his food on a tray to take it all upstairs muttering his nickname under his breath! A small smile crept up to his face. "Leave it there Khushi! I'll eat it here!" He said coming closer to her.

She turned towards him in exasperation, "Stop talking to me like that!" He bent over her and pecked her cheek, "and what will you do if I continue to talk like that?" He teased her as silence enveloped them. He started eating, looking intently at her. "You didn't have dinner Again!" He exaggerated his sigh as she rolled her eyes and kept cleaning up the mess.

"Khushi!" His voice was no longer light, and teasing but reflected passion, love, remorse, and guilt of the wounds he had inflicted upon her. He moved towards her and lifted her up in his arms. Astounded by his sudden behavior, words never came out of her as she looked at him with bewilderment. He seated her on the top of the kitchen counter and started to feed her. "Look Khushi! Never ever stay hungry because of me! I was so caught up that I didn't notice the time!" He looked up at her, the intensity of his word flowing through. "I'm sorry!"

"It... it's okay!" She smiled softly

A smirk played around his lips as he pushed the plate away. "And now Mrs. Arnav Singh Raizada, you'll have to pay for staying angry at me like that!" He whispered huskily in her ear as he took her in his arms, her hands holding around her neck and her soft gaze fixed upon him.

The moment didn't last long as Nani came with a sleepy head and an empty water jug only scream, "Chotte! Khushi bitya! why are both of you here at this hour of the night!! And do all this you are doing here in your room!"

She was fuming with embarrassment and was a bit angry for not having water by her bedside when she needed it. And also for finding her grandson having no qualms being this shameless, openly in front of her.

"Nani! Relax! I came pretty late today! And we were going up but your bahu twisted her ankle!" Khushi's embarrassed face turned into an expression of shock as her mouth hung open! Laughter almost escaped inside him. Nani nodded at them and left hurriedly.

He took her upstairs and landed her in the middle of the bed leaning over her. Their faces were only an inch apart.