OS | Beginning of a New Chapter

originally written and posted on April 7th, 2012 on India-Forums;

Anjali opened the door at the third knock. It was almost 11:30 in the night. Everybody had retired to their rooms after dinner but it was one hard task to get Khushi to bed. She had constantly refused to go but after all the pressure Anjali had put, she had agreed to at least wait in the room. Arnav walked in, his eyes searching the only person he longs to spend his days with.

"Hi Di. How's your little one. and why are awake till this late. Where is Khushi?"

"Chote, Khushi fainted today. She's upstairs" Anjali informed him giving him a glass of water resulting in him getting almost choked on it. "What! How, When?? Why didn't anybody called me? Where is she?" He panicked and sprinted towards his room. Anjali chuckled at the concern he showed for his wife.

"Wait till he founds out!" She mumbled to herself retiring to her room.

"Khushi!" he stepped in the room, roughly throwing off his bag at the recliner and proceeding towards his wife who was dozing off with her head tilted on the head-board.

"Arnav." her voice was hoarse. "When did you came back?" She was going to stand up but he stopped her, sitting beside her.

"Khushi! Did you faint today?" his voice had a stern authority in it.

"Arnav..actually..you see..um" she stammered under his intense gaze. "how did he found out? I didn't let anybody call him then...", she wondered shifting her gaze from him to her hands.

"Why didn't you call me? Why didn't anybody find it necessary that I need to know everything about you!!!"

"Arnav, It really wasn't anything. I was feeling dizzy and then fainted. I'm absolutely fine now." She replied reassuringly.

He placed his fingers underneath her cheek, softly caressing it. "Khushi, Never Ever do this to me. I can't let you go Khushi. If it was something serious. If nobody hadn't been home. What if..." His words were blocked with her placing her hands on his lips. "No Arnav, nothing could tear us now. Nothing." She fell into his arms, silent tears sliding down her face.

The Sun rays peeped in through the curtains. Her eyes struggle to open as she sat up stretching. His hands were draped around her waist and face was on her pillow. His eyes weren't furrowed, and the creases of anxiety had vanished from his face. She traced her fingers on his cheek causing him to stir. It had been almost seventeen months since there marriage and so much had changed. She smiled to herself letting out a sigh and walked towards the bathroom.

Right in the midway, she felt her blood sugar drop down like yesterday. Her mind felt fizzy and puffy, bright circles enveloping her eyes and her body felt numb. "Arnav" she let a small cry escape her lips. "Arnav" her voice was light and weak. She tried to grasp something to keep herself steady but even moving her feet would result in collapsing.

His eyes opened with her cry. 'Khushi.' he mumbled to himself and if he had been a second late, she would have fallen and gotten a severe head injury from the glass table by her side. He gently placed her on the bed and sprinkled water on her face. She refused to open her eyes causing him to panic more. "God dammit!, I should have called the doctor yesterday!"