•05•

"Oh you're back..." you hesitate to turn around, not sure if you're ready to see Armin. It hard on you to see him when you also wonder if it'll be the last time.

"Is that a problem? I can go-" his voice is higher and worry filled as he speaks.

You take a deep breath and let your body react to his word. With slow moving eyes, you meet his gaze and take note of the shy expression covering his gentle face. 

"No it's fine," your shoulder relax at the sight of him. His warm smile seems to brighten your dull day, like it usually does when you see it. "I just didn't think I was going to see you again."

"I'm sorry about a couple days ago," he frowns down at the ground and his eye lashes cover his sullen gaze. "Something came up and I had to go."

"I just thought I-" you stop yourself. You were just about to admit that you had thought it was your fault that he had left. Instead of blabbering your inner thoughts, you try to play it off. "It's okay, I totally understand. Things happen."

"Well I just wanted to come back and finally try that danish," his plump cheeks redden and not because of the chilly weather outside. "Is that still an option?"

"Let me see if I have some left," you start backing up and push the swinging door open with your back, keeping your eyes on Armins as you do. "You coming?"

"Oh I was just going to wait back here in case someone shows up again," he explains and you suppose his cautiousness is understandable. But today you don't care.

"Come on," you turn and hold the door open as Armins hesitant steps get closer. "I'll make you some tea and this time you can actually drink it."

"Thank you," Armin leans against the counter beside where you make your tea, a happy look painted on his face.

As you're pulling out the ingredients, you realize that you're out of the blueberry kind so you can't make the same tea as a few days ago. As you rummage through the tea leaves, you come across the pouch of tea that Colt had given you.

Wanting to try out a recipe with Armin, you pour some of the mixture into the cup and then add a couple more items before adding the hot water into the porcelain glass. 

You stir it lightly as Armins curious gaze watches your every move. A tingling feeling in your chest makes you want to meet his stare, but you're also too afraid. You turn into mush whenever his blue eyes stare into yours.

The tea looks dark and ready now and it continues spinning after you pull the spoon out. There's a small amount of liquid on it, so you bring the spoon to your lips and try the tea yourself. It's a wonderful herbal composition of sweet spices. You're quite impressed with the taste.

"Here you are," you take the teacup and set it on a plate before handing it over. Armins fingers graze yours as you transfer the drink into his grasp, sendings shivers up your veins.

"What flavor is it?" He examines the contents.

"Not sure," you shrug. "It's kind of an experiment I'm working on. A work-in-progress if you will."

His lips touch the edge of the glass as he holds the cup up near his mouth. Soon his lips wrap around the edge and allow the tea to slide onto his tongue.

You watch closely, wondering what his genuine reaction is going to be. His closed eyes open suddenly and a wave of something washes over his eyes, but it's hard to tell what he's thinking.

"Is it bad?" You hold your thumb in your other hands fist, squeezing it occasionally as you wait for his response.

"That's um...." Armin swallows, causing his adams apple to bob up and down. "It's very good."