•09•

The banquet room is full of people now. From all different origins and backgrounds. It's amazing to see so much diversity in one place.

Your whole life you've lived in Liberio and in the same neighborhood, seeing the same people. It's never changing. But here in this one room... it's like seeing a glimpse of the entire world.

You've been quite busy with people being interested in your table of pastries. You've almost handed out half and it's only been an hour.

"Miss Y/n," Gabi pulls on your dress. "I brought you some of the other caterers food."

"Oh thank you," you take the plate she's handing out and smile. "Are you keeping busy?"

"Yeah I'm collecting all the empty glasses and refilling them too," she explains. "Are you having fun?"

"I am," you nod.

"Gabi!" A blonde boy rushes up to her, wearing the same uniform and armband. He's a spitting image of Colt... "Get back to work. I don't want to get in trouble."

"I'm talking," she spits back at him. "I'll help in a second."

"What's your name?" You smile at the kid.

"I'm... my names Falco, ma'am."

"Ma'am?" You laugh. "Just call me y/n. But hey... is there by any chance you're related to Colt Grice?"

"You know my brother?" Falco's eyes widen.

"He's an acquaintance of mine," you chuckle. "It's nice to meet you Falco."

"You too ma'a- I mean Y/n."

With that, him and Gabi run off to continue working so they don't get in trouble. You however are beginning to feel the effects of being in a large group of people for too long. It's starting to feel stuffy and you're getting claustrophobic.

"Excuse me," you walk over to the butler who's organized this. "Would it be okay if I stepped outside for a little bit?"

"Of course," he nods.

You make your way across the floor, trying your best not to run into any guests. Once your clear of the crowd, you head down the hallway and then out into the courtyard.

There's a stone bench resting in front of a large fountain with a statue of a man in the middle. It's quiet out here, only the sound of the water trickling can be heard.

After a few deep breaths and stretches, you feel refreshed. You wish that you could handle large groups of people better, but you're never in situations where you need to work on it. You're sure this event is a once in a life time deal, so you'll just have to keep on going with the flow.

"Stars look beautiful tonight, don't they?"

Your heavy eyes lift to the person standing in front of you. Once you meet the mysterious gaze of that boy from a few weeks ago, your neck begins to become sore due to how tall he is and how far you have to tilt your head back.

"They do," you agree. "What brings you here?"

"Just going for a walk." He smiles lightly and occupies the spot beside you on the bench.

"In the back courtyard of the Tyburs property?" You laugh at his excuse. "I find that hard to believe."

"Well I'm here, aren't I? So it seems pretty believable to me," he rests his hands in his lap and hunches his shoulders.

"Are you going to tell me your name now?" You kick your feet out as you tuck your hands underneath your thighs to warm them up.

"Eren," he mutters quietly. "I'm a friend of Armins."