•06•

The two of you walk side by side down the street filled with various merchants and citizens. Armins eyes seem to scan his surrounding periodically, but more than the average person would.

"Have you ever seen a music performance?" You question, trying to distract him from whatever's been worrying his mind.

"No, this'll be the first time," he peers over at you.

"Well then I'm excited for you," you smile down at the ground, your hair hiding it from Armin.

The walk continues on and you start to feel someone's eyes on you. You pause, looking around you to see if you can identify the source.

"Everything okay?" Armin takes another step and then faces you as he see's you're not following.

"Um... yeah," you furrow your eyebrows and shake your head, thinking you're just delusional. "We should hurry, it's going to start soon."

You grab Armins hand and pull him along with you. If it weren't for the fact that you'd like to get away from whoever or whatever is sending shivers down your spine, you'd melt due to holding Armins hand.

As you start getting closer to the more populated area, your hand stays securely in Armins and you focus on how soft and safe it feels. He doesn't make any moves to pull it away, so neither do you. Instead, the two of you make your way into the crowded area; Hand in hand.

It's a lot busier tonight than the other times you've gone, but having Armin with you is what's keeping you from being overwhelmed. With all the people and sounds, it's hard to keep your mind from scrambling.

"There's a spot," Armin pulls you towards him and whispers into your ear so you can hear above all the noise. You see where he's pointing and it's the thigh high stone wall that lines the city square around the stage where the band is playing some upbeat and classic music. "This is quite amazing."

Armins eyes wonder over his surroundings again, but this time it's in awe and not with suspicion. His blue eyes reflect the warm lights and his smile shines even brighter.

"Y/n," Armin leans towards you again, his shoulder brushing against yours. "Do you live near here?"

"Oh not really," you scratch your head. "It's kind of far. But what about you? Where are you staying while you're visiting?"

"Just at an Inn."

"Is it close?" You question.

"Mhmm , it's not too far. But I'll walk you home," his body seems to relax and he faces the performance, watching it intently.

You try to focus on the music as well, but that feeling of someone watching you comes back. You try to ignore it, but it doesn't go away. From the corner of your eyes you look to see if you can locate the prying eyes, but there's no one looking your way.

"Are you okay?" Armin pulls your attention back to him.

"Not to sound crazy or anything, but I think someone's watching me," you lay your hands in your lap and grab onto your skirt.

"You think?" Armin joins you in looking around, but he looks even more worried than you do. "Come on." Armin grabs your hand this time and he drags you through the courtyard and through the crowd of people. He's not running, but his steps are quick. Behind you, there's a dark figure following just as quickly. You feel a wave of fear wash over you...Are you actually being followed?

You lose track of the person behind you and Armin ends up pulling you into an alley, similar to the one you were in last night. But this time it's no longer quiet, in the distance you hear the band continue to play.