•21•

Your hands are shaking. Quite uncontrollably.

"Breathe," Armin looks back at you as he crouches in front of Gabi, right beside Mikasa. You stare down at your hands, counting each finger as you inhale and exhale.

"Falco?" You whisper as your eyes scan the room and find him having water poured into his mouth by Connie as the boy lays in Hanges lap.

Behind you, Jean is holding Niccolo against the wall by his collar. So much is going on around you and you have no idea how it all happened. Or how these guys are able to handle such a situation.

You've lived a closeted life. Walking to work. Walking home. Safe and sound. These people though... they live in constant fear.

They're accustomed to this and you're not. So that's why you're having a panic attack and they're dealing with the situation like they do this everyday.

"Come here," Armin grabs your hand and follows Gabi and Mikasa down the hall.

You look back absently. "But...Falco."

Armin winces. "Connie and Hange are going to help him. We need to give them space."

You nod, hoping that he's right. You're in no way able to realize what's right or wrong right now. Armin is the only person you can trust... so you're trusting him.

The large room that you four pile into seems even bigger as you sit around a circular table. You look over at Gabi as she stares at the table in fear.

You're not sure what to say to her. You hardly even know her after fall. But she's just a child. You reach over and take her hand in yours. Both of you shaking.

"He got some in his mouth..." she whispers.

"Huh...?" You narrow your eyes at her.

Armin glances at you and he frowns. He's seated beside you, a foot or so away. But you wish he was holding you. Telling you it's going to be okay.

But he's not one who will lie to you so you're asking for the impossible. He had promised to never lie again... but you want him too. You want him to lie.

"Falco. He got wine in his mouth," she repeats and your focus leaves Armin and you direct it back to Gabi. "It has Zeke's spinal fluid. He's gonna-"

You squeeze her hand. "Dont think about that right now."

"It's all I can think about," she whispers. "And...Why did you protect me?"

Gabi's eyes lock onto Armins and Mikasa's.

"Because. I don't have a reason..." Armin's voice is weak and you want to comfort him.

"I-I'm the one who killed your comrade. I'm the one who bludgeoned the guard," Gabi begins to shake more and you rub your thumb across her skin. "Falco didn't do it. Kill me. Not him."

"No one's gonna-" you start but Armin interrupts.

Armin's eyes darken. "We won't kill you."

"But you want to, don't you?" Gabi finds more strength in her voice and shakes your hold on her hand so you drop yours back into your lap.

"I don't want to kill you," he sighs tiredly. "Kill this...Kill that... It's all you ever think about. Just like someone I know."

He's right... This world is ran by violence.

There's a noise at the door and you look up, seeing the familiar face of Eren. Well, he's not the same face. He looks even more miserable than he did in Marley.