•22•

You get dragged outside and each time you look back to see if Armin's with you, you get shoved forward. The rope that's been tied around your wrists burns as it rubs into your skin.

"Bet you wish you stayed in Marley," Floch walks up to you.

Of course he's at the front of all of this...

You shake your head. "No."

Floch scoffs and leans down so the side of his face is level with yours. He then stares at Armin, your eyes following. "Just what is it about him that makes you not care whether you live or die?"

"I don't know, ask yourself. Aren't you blindly following Eren, regardless of what's to happen to you?" You seethe. "From what I've seen, anyone who follows Eren is collateral damage. So count your days. Who knows when you'll run out of them."

He doesn't take your comment lightly. "You think you're better than me?" Floch shoves you to the ground and you're unable to catch yourself, so you do your best to turn on your side so your face and head doesn't collide with the concrete, but it does. A ringing sound filling your ears, but you still make out what Floch is barking at you. "You're just a Marleyan. Weak. You're nothing."

You wince and shut your eyes. You can hear Armin yell out though. "Leave her alone, Floch! Don't touch her."

"Or what? You'll turn and take out half the city?" Floch laughs mockingly. "Yeah... you do that, Armin. What's a few hundred more lives after you've already wiped out an entire city? Y/n...weren't your parents killed in that blast?"

You don't answer him. You're sure they weren't. Armin had said they weren't... but could that have just been to get you to Paradis. No... you trust him. They're alive. They have to be.

Funny... you're worried about your parents. After everything they've used you for and how they've treated you or how you've been trying to find any way to leave them behind, you'd think that they wouldn't be a thought in your mind at all.

But they are.

You want your parents.

Your mom.

Your dad.

Tears start to pool into your eyes as you stare down at the wagon being loaded with Jean, Hange, and Connie.

"Put her in that one," Floch orders. "Switch her with Hange."

You're suddenly lifted to your feet and dragged away from Armin who's being forced into a wagon. He's turning his head back to watch you, worry in his eyes

"What are you doing Floch? Let her in this one!" He argues, but Floch just smiles.

"Don't worry," you mutter and you're not even sure Armin could hear.

Hange is taken out and you're thrown inside. It wasn't gentle and you fall into Jean who does his best to steady you with his shoulder since his hands are tied behind him as well.

"You're bleeding," Jean looks at the side of your head. You try to focus your attention on it and you begin to feel a slight stinging sensation where your hair meets your forehead.

Connie is across from you with a set jaw. None of them saw this coming.

"What did Eren say in there?" Jean stares at you expectantly.

You're not sure at the moment. You're more worried about your safety than what that guy had said to Armin and Mikasa. There's no doubt it's important for Jean to know, but right now, you just want to close your eyes and pretend you're anywhere else.

~ Flashback~

"Don't tell me you're afraid," you look over at Colt who refuses to get onto the ledge of the bridge. "It's not even fast moving water and it's maybe eight feet deep. You'll be fine."