chapter 45

Wen Chao gazed at them and asked while sitting on his little throne "Boys and girls , Have you all memorised the Quintessence of Wen?" But all he received was silence.

The silence was grating on Wen Chao's nerves , he huffed "If none of you did , then you will know how the wen clan disciplines people" he said.

They all thought  ' we dont know if that punishment works , since you're clearly undisciplined ' but kept quiet .

Wei Wuxian Saw Wen Chao was about to punish at least one of the heirs but then he raised his hand "Me!" He said cheerfully.

Lan Wangji's gaze turned to horror remembering in the last timeline Wei Wuxian was thrown in the dungeon , he looked at Wei Wuxian in panic but Wei Wuxian just smiled gently that meant 'Trust me , i wont commit trouble for now' he sighed

Wen Chao's gaze went to him and lit up seeing a person volunteer , He smugly leaned back on his throne "Oh? Come in front " he said.

Wei Wuxian came in front , Jiang Cheng was trying to try to stop him including Bai Tu his Tang-ge albeit using his gaze only.

Wei Wuxian smiled when Wen Chao asked his name "Wei Ying courtesy name Wuxian " he replied.

Wen Chao smiled gleefully "Wei Wuxian ..... Recite the Quintessence of Wen , make SURE not to make any mistake or you will have a punishment~" he said.

Wei Wuxian gripped his closed scroll and started reciting the Quintessence of wen with ease , he tapped the scroll to his chest after reciting one of those Quintessence.

After he finished reading those Quintessence of wen things ,
—credits to his memory from being an immortal— he smiled at Wen Chao innocently .

Wen Chao nodded slowly and said "Since now , you will have to give up your swords if you want to live" he looked at the guards and then disciples came and then streched their hands to the heirs .

Jiang Wanyin knew better than to anger the wen clan so he begrudgingly surrendered his sword sandu .

Lan Wangji gripped his sword tightly too , but surrendered bichen but not before giving the disciple a scathing glare.

Lan Xichen closed his eyes and sighed silently and opened them back and surrendered his sword shuoyue.

Nie Huaisang happily gave his sabre , it was SOOOO HEAVY! Just how do they carry that heavy sabre without falling?! He would've thrown that sabre on the lake if there WAS a lake in qinghe but sadly there were none.

Jin Zixuan huffed "Why do we need to—" but Wei Wuxian shaked his head so he gripped his sword Suihua tightly and pushed it hardly to the wen disciple that looked arrogant .

The Minor sects didnt put up a fight since they were scared if their families would die because of them.

Bai Tu , Wei Wuxian's tang-ge just gave it up with a gentle smile.

Well Wei Wuxian gave his sword Suibian too , knowing his swlrd he gave was only a fake replica from his real one.

After the swords were given up , Wen Chao looked at the defenseless disciples and they went.

He stood up "Now , today we will find the beast in dusk creek mountain " he said with a glint.

Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji made eye contact fully knowing the said 'beast' was the legendary Xuanwu slaughter tortoise.

Time skip:

They were walking finding for a cave , Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji knew where but didnt say it .

Wen Chao was sitting on his carriage with Wang Lijiao squishing her breasts on Wen Chao shoulder her branding iron was on his right hand.

Servants of course carry brands because of their either late cultivation or have no potential in cultivation so they have to use that to protect their masters or themselves.

But if the servants have potential or have a golden core that even is medium level , then they could have swords.

But Wang Lijiao didnt have any potential in cultivation  , so she had to carry a iron brand on her hand

She was not pretty , she wore pink and purple robes , her lips was painted pink , she wore a lot of jewelry  , if i said a lot then it meant a lot . That made her looks even worse.

The wen disciples thought ' Why does wen chao have bad tastes , her looks could compare to a pig . No offense but a pig looks better than her though'

The female disciples that joined the indoctrination avoided Wen Chao  .

Wei Wuxian found out , if they dont find the cave yet they would need to find it without rest.

So he got his talisman and threw it to the direction of the cave where he found in his last timeline.

Wang Lijiao's gaze slid towards the cave and she excitedly said "Wen Er-gongzi ! Wen Er-gongzi ! We found the cave!" She pointed at the cave.

Wen Chao crooned "My Jiaojiao is so hardworking" . Not knowing the people who watched them internally gagged

He went down the carriage with Wang Lijiao and went to the cave calling everyone to follow him

They arrived at the mouth of the cave and walked inside with torches in their hands , it was silent the only thing that was heard was their footsteps , breath's and drops of water.

Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji walked closer to each other to everyone's  suprise.

Wen Chao looked at the end on their trail and look down to shiver when it was dark , he looked at the disciples "Put down the ropes" he said

The wen disciples tied the ropes and dropped the ropes and they threw a rock and then it was sometime when they heard it bang on a solid floor.

Wen Chao nodded and told them to go down , he had some guards next to him . The heirs had no choice but to listen so they went down and they jumped off the rope when they reached the ground

"Are you still alive?!" They heard a voice shout but kept silent and kept walking forward.

Wen Chao huffed and told them to go down , the Wen disciples fearfully went down and then when they reached the ground.

They shouted "Wen Er-gongzi! Its safe" so Wen Chao , Wang Lijiao and others went down too.

The disciples had lighting talismans which it would burn and produce fire but only on the top of the talisman.

Wen Chao walked with the Wen disciples and saw the heirs ' they should be lucky they haven't died' he thought while clenching his hands in anger.

Tbh i always keep imagining that i am in an edit or smth🤣