Blessed

June 22nd, 2024
One Week Later
Taylor Swift's Point of View
I sit on the couch as I watch The Shining. I'm not a fan of horror I must say, but it's fun to watch a classic. I'm just a bit of a scaredy cat and get startled easily. I just watch as one of the main characters chops down a door violently to try and kill his family.

"Here's Johnny!" The TV screams at me. I cover my eyes with the tips of my fingers in my hair. Why am I doing this to myself? I hear the tv turn off and I uncover my eyes where I see Joe with the remote.

"Why are you watching The Shining? You hate horror movies." Joe questions me.

"People always say how good it is, thought I should watch a classic..."

"You shouldn't watch it if it's gonna keep you from sleeping tonight."

"Jeez you didn't need to call me out like that."

I take my hands out of my hair but when I do, a large chunk of hair comes off. I look down at it and start to cry. I don't know why the reality of seeing my hair die in front of my eyes so terrifying and upsetting. Okay maybe I overdramatized it. I just always loved my hair, my eyes and my hair were the two things I would always love.
He takes the strands of hair and places it back on my head as if that will somehow fix my problems.

I laugh through some of my tears and look at Joe. "Do you think we can glue it back on?"

"We are not traveling back to 2021 with that Gorilla Glue shit." He says with a laugh.

"I love my hair because it has felt like something I could always control. Now I can't even control the way my damn hair looks." Tears run down my cheeks and drip onto my lap.

"I thought this would happen one day so I got an idea." Joe walks into our bedroom and grabs an electric razor.

"What are you gonna do to me?" I ask slightly scared.

"You said you wanna control your hair, let's do that."

"I-I don't know, I'm scared."

"I'll help you. Here, I'll go first." He puts the razor to his head but right before it touches his hair I yell at him.

"NO STOP! Your hair is so pretty, you don't need to shave it for me. I appreciate the gesture though."

"Thank god. I really didn't want to shave my head."

"I want you to do it. Shave my hair off. It'll grow back one day." I sigh as the feeling sinks in.

"You sure?"

"Positive."

Joe takes the razor and begins to run it through my hair. I see chunks fall onto the floor, little by little. Every strand that falls feels like a bone being crushed and it slowly begins to kill me.

"All done." Joe turns then razor off and sets it on the coffee table.

"I'm gonna miss my hair." I admit.

"Well, I got you something to make you feel better." He pulls a bandana out of his pocket that has Theo's face on it.

"You got me a cat bandana?" I giggle slightly looking at it.

"Well now Theodore can go with you everywhere."

I smile and put the bandana over my head. Right as I put it on I see Olivia walk inside with Benjamin and Juliet. She has been watching them today as practice supposedly. Julie runs over to me and looks at the hair catastrophe.

"Momma, what happened to your hair?" She asks me.

"I decided to take it off." I say simply.

"I liked it better before." She pouts slightly which makes my heart break.