Enchanted

August 27th; 2023
After School
Olivia Swift's Point of View
Dear diary,
Weirdly I'm waiting for him, anxious about him coming. God I sound like a 1980's high school movie cliché. Girl and boy fall for each other despite outside circumstances. Romeo and Juliet, Jack and Rose, Harry and Sally. Actually I haven't watched when Harry met Sally so I can't vouch for how that ended.
The doorbell rings which makes me basically sprint downstairs. I open the door and there he stands. Lucas. Lucas, it just sounds so good. It blends like-I don't even know how to explain it.

Sincerely,
                  Olivia Swift

"Hey, come inside." I open the door for him to walk in. Lucas walks in with his hands in his pockets and begins to look around slightly.

"This is a-this is one hell of a house." Lucas comments.

"Yeah, I know...There's a lot of stuff but my personal favorite is the theater room.

"You have a theater room? How rich is your family? Not trying to sound rude-"

"My mom has a net worth of about 370 million so, I don't know if you count that as rich."

"Holy fuck. How?!" He yells slightly.

"Do you not know who I am?" I ask.

"Olivia. Is that supposed to be a difficult question?"

"My mom has like 10 grammy's and 500 other fucking things. My dad is also an actor so I mean, we got quite a bit of money around here."

"Is it bad that now I really want to know who they are?"

"My last name is Swift. I thought you would have assumed by now."

"Like Taylor Swift?"

"Yeah."

"HOLY SHIT THAT'S SO-" I look at him with a confused stare that throws him off.

"I mean-totally normal. That's-that's just average life." He tries to correct himself but I can already tell he's a bad with conversations but it causes me to giggle.

"Come on, let's just go upstairs." I grab his hand and take him upstairs.

"Are you just gonna leave me on a cliffhanger like that? So wait, your dad is Joe Alwyn then."

"Nice to see you keep up with your daily celebrity drama."

"If I really kept up I think I would have connected dots better."

"Olivia? Is someone here?" I hear my father shout.

"Uh...no?" I respond with.

"Is it another boy?"

"Uh...maybe."

"Uh, come here. I need to talk to you." He emphasizes the uh to a great extent.

"Uggggghhhh." I turn around and walk downstairs to where my father is and Lucas follows me.

"I got a call from your principal. Would you care to explain?"

"So people were being mean to me so instead of taking it I just expressed it and wrote the words on myself with a smile."

"That-that's actually badass. I can't be mad about that. Okay, I won't punish you but just be more careful. I don't want you to get expelled." Lucas just stands there being extremely awkward.

"Thanks I got the message, I'm gonna go back upstairs." I quickly tell him and turn around.

"Wait, who's this?" My dad asks.