Tears In Heaven

August 18th, 2024
4:15 a.m
Taylor Swift's Point of View
The last week, all I've been feeling is the life slowly draining out of me. I'll look towards the tv and watch episodes of Friends as they repeat one after another. I've learned that it takes about 5 days to get through all episodes of friends with commercials. There's 236 episodes each with 30 minutes. That means 118 hours which divides by 24 is 4.91 days. 5 days to watch Friends. It's all I watch now. It's only thing that is predictable in my life. I don't know if I'll die 10 minutes from now. I don't know if I'll be throwing up from chemo or be paralyzed from fatigue and pain. All I know, is I'll be watching Friends. I'll be watching a show where everyone ends up happy. The 'will they won't they' is resolved and everything is just as life dreamed of. It'll all be okay in the end but it won't for me. All I know is that all of them are okay but who knows what I'll turn out to be. Whatever happens, as long as I'm alive, Friends will be playing. Actually, if I'm dead, Friends will be in in the background as the flatline occurs. How have a turned such a fun light show into something so dark?

I hear loud running noises and the door flings open, making a loud bang when it hits the wall. Joe stands there trying to catch his breath. His hands are resting on his knees while he tries to speak.

"Olivia...Olivia...oh my god." He speaks between breaths.

"Catch your breath first." I say with a small giggle.

"Olivia had the baby. He's a little early but he's healthy."

"Oh my god! Really?!" I exclaim.

"He's 5 pounds 7 ounces. Born at 3:07 a.m. I haven't seen him yet since the doctors want to make sure he's completely fine but look at the pictures Lucas sent." Joe pulls out his phone and opens the photos.

"Here, take a look." I take the phone from him and begin to scroll through all the photos.

"Oh he's so pretty. Liv looks so happy. What's his name?" I ask.

"Elliot Matthew Flowers. They named him after his dad and of course me because I'm so worthy." The excitement in his voice is adorable.

"That name is so cute. I can't believe we're actually grandparents. I have my own little grand-baby!" I squeal.

"The doctors are being called in and setting up your surgery." Joe says as he sets next to my bed.

"Oh..."

"She's had the baby. You can have the surgery and we can go home. You promised us you would do the surgery."

I sigh and look at him. "Okay but I want to hold him."

"That can be arranged."

"Way ahead of you Dad." I see Lucas pushing Olivia in a wheelchair as she holds Elliot. 

"The doctor made an exception and let us bring the baby over." Lucas says. Joe helps me sit upright and Olivia slowly hands the baby over.

"Hey little guy. Welcome to the world, it sucks. I might not be around but your mom will be and she'll take the absolute best care of you. She'll make sure you get lots of love and she'll tell you all about me. You gotta listen to some music. Especially mine." I laugh a bit and kiss him on the forehead.

"Do you want us to take him back now?" Liv asks.

"No. He's falling asleep and I don't want to disrupt him. Can I just keep him until I go into surgery?"

Liv nods and I can see her beginning to cry. "Benjamin and Juliet will be here in a bit. Grandpa is bringing them over so they can see you before surgery."