Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word

April 7th; 2024
One Month Later
Olivia Flowers' Point of View
Dear diary,
            The baby is about 5 inches, and weighs 7 ounces. The size of a taco! Okay, now I want a taco. I'm not saying that I want to eat a baby by the way, I'm no cannibal. I want like a real taco. Jeez I hate myself. It's been a month since I saw Calvin and he hasn't tried to contact me. He hasn't attempted to apologize or atone for anything. I think it's time I become indifferent and move on from his stupid ass.
Anyways, Lucas and I are thinking about moving in together. We're already married, I'm pregnant with his baby, and it just doesn't make sense to live apart. The thing is just where do we live? My house or his house? Do we get a place together? We can't afford that though...my parents will be unwilling to pay for it. At least my mom won't pay for it. Plus, I'm kinda scared to be alone. As much as I hate to admit it, I need my parents. I'm still just a teenager and I'm nowhere close to being an adult.
I'm almost halfway to being done with my pregnancy and it seems to have gone by much quicker than I expected. It also brings on tons of anxiety as I still really don't know what I'm doing. I did an adult thing and now there's adult consequences to it.

              Sincerely,

                         Olivia Flowers'

I once again set my journal on the nightstand next to me as I lay in my bed. I have been trying to distance myself from my family as much as a I can. I feel like anywhere I go, an atmosphere follows me that is thick enough to cut with a knife.
The doorbell rings which leads to me getting my lazy ass off of my bed and going downstairs. I open the door and find Lucas standing there with his hands in his pockets and grinning.

"Hey." He says to me.

"Hey. What are you doing here?" I ask.

"What? A husband can't see his wife?" He chuckles and follows me inside. I close the door and the two of us walk upstairs, ignoring the chaotic surroundings. I collapse back on my bed and stare at the blank ceiling.

"How are you?" Lucas asks me.

"I want to eat everything."

"Just please don't eat me." He cries sarcastically.

"I'll try my best." The two of us laugh and he gets into the bed with me. He lies next to me and looks at the ceiling blankly like me.

"What are you staring at?" He questions.

"I don't leave the house often, never did because of my parents. They are famous and think it's too dangerous for me to go out by myself and hang out. Do stupid teenage stuff like get drunk and go to parties."

"They allowed you to see me."

"I think they knew no matter what they did, they couldn't stop me."

"Honestly, they aren't wrong."

"Well, something I always wanted to do was hangout with friends on the roof while looking up at the stars with a drink or something. It's stupid but it's something I've always wanted to do. I like to lay in my bed and look at the ceiling; pretend there are stars."

"Maybe I'll take you the roof to see stars sometime. Just, not on the roof because that's dangerous."

"Pussy."

"Hey! Sorry I don't wanna die."

"Oh my god you're afraid of heights."

"No I'm not!" He defends.

"You totally are."

"Sorry I don't want to plummet to my DEATH!"

"Then just don't fall."

"Almost half a million people die each year from falling. I don't want to be one of them!"

I begin to laugh at him the more he tries and defend himself but my laugh is stopped in it's tracks.

"What the hell?!" I yell scared.

"What? What is it?" Lucas now has panic screaming from him.

"I don't know...I think it's the baby." I put my hand on my abdomen to try and feel for anything.

"Is something wrong?" I ignore the question and grab his hand. I pull up my shirt and place his hand on my stomach.

"I think the baby is moving." I say with a smile. He smiles back but shortly I see my mom and dad burst into the room. I guess I did leave them in the dark when I was screaming out of fear.

"What's wrong?" My mom asks as she's breathing like a fish before death.

"The baby is moving!" I chime. My dad walks over and sits on the edge of the bed.

"May I?" He requests.

"Of course." Lucas moves his hand and my dad puts his palm on my abdomen. He smiles and gives me a small hug. I see Taylor standing in the back, leaning against the wall. A small grin appears on her face as she watches us. I can tell she's trying her best to stay out of it as she knows the condition of the situation. I look at my mom and speak softly.

"Come here."

She walks over to me, looking down at the floor like a beaten down dog. "Are you sure?" She asks.

"Yeah." She gently places her hand on my stomach and smiles as she feels like small flutters.

"Mom?"

"Yeah sweetie?"

"I need you to promise me something." I begin to confess.

"What am I promising?"

"Promise me you'll go to the doctor."

"Honey, I've gone to the doctor."

"No, go to a different doctor. Do whatever you need to do but I know it's not just hay fever and I know you do too. Promise me you'll figure out what's wrong because I want you to be okay." I explain.

"Okay, I'll go to the doctor after the GLAAD concert. It's in just a couple of weeks. I want to finish that concert first and then I'll go to the ends of the earth to figure out what's wrong if I need to."

"Thank you."

"Don't mention it." She breaks into another cough fit which causes her to stand up and turn away from me. She leaves the room out of respect it seems like. My dad follows her as he always does. He seems to act like a nurse, always trying to help her through it, but she's not a doctor, neither is he, they seem to just try and alleviate symptoms instead of figuring out what's wrong. I know I haven't been getting along with Taylor lately but I think I have an obligation to make sure she's okay. People depend on her, and so do I no matter how much I tell myself I don't.

———————————
Author's Note:

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Sorry for not updating! I had no inspiration and it sucked but I finally was able to write. My next chapter is prewritten so I'll post that tomorrow or Sunday :)

Olivia being nice for once 😁

Song: Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word-Elton John