Speak Now

January 6th; 2024
4 Days Later
Olivia Swift's Point of View
Dear diary,
I guess it's my wedding day. I feel like this is something I should record in my diary because it's supposedly the biggest day of my life. I don't have cold feet, I'm not second guessing, I'm just scared. I was so overtaken by the fact I needed to plan for the wedding that I somehow forgot I'm getting married. Now that it's all real and coming together, I'm terrified as hell. I want to walk in there with excitement and know what I'm doing is right but maybe I'm second guessing. Okay maybe I am getting cold feet. Maybe if my mom was here I would feel better about this.
It's my wedding day, I get to marry Lucas. The Lucas Boy. He's amazing, god he's amazing. I'm gonna be fine, I don't need my mother. She hasn't been here for years and I've survived. I know I can do this.

              Sincerely,
                     Olivia Swift

I place my journal in the bag I brought with me and set it all aside. Juliet has a cute pink dress and a pink bow on the top of her head. She been having a hard time actually keeping it on her head because she likes to play with it. She's my bridesmaid and my flower girl because I didn't have one. Benjamin wanted to be in the wedding too so he's the ring bearer. I got my entire family in the wedding except my mom. I look in the mirror and everything it perfect, my hair, my makeup, my dress, it's all perfect. The ceremony should be starting any second so I stand up and walk over to my dad.

"You look beautiful sweetheart." He runs his hand down my cheek softly. He stands in a nice tux and a golden necktie.

"I really thought Mom would come. I can't-I can't believe she's not coming." My voice breaks and some tears leak from my eyes.

"I know. I really hoped she would come. I really thought she would come. You got the rest of us though." The organ music begins to play and I sigh while my head is looking down.

"I think it's time to go, Liv."  My dad tells me.

"Okay." I nod my head and look at my dress one last time. I hear the door open which draws my dad and I's attention.

"Mom." I say it for the first time in forever. I haven't called her that in for what seems like a lifetime. She stands there in a long navy dress and looks at me with a small grin. I walk up to her immediately and hug her.

"Sorry for being late...I have something for you though." She opens her small hand held purse and pulls out a necklace. She walks behind me and clips it around my neck.

"Your great-grandmother gave this to your grandmother when she got married. My mother always wanted to give it to me when I got married; My dad gave me the necklace since my mother had passed...now I'm giving it to you. Now you have your something blue, something old, and something borrowed." She tells me while slightly crying.

"Thank you."

"And for your something new, that is your baby. I might not supportive this, well, I hate this...but If somethings going to be over my dead body, it'll be me missing your wedding day. I wouldn't miss this day for the world." Her eyes are swelling up and I can tell she's holding back her tears. I kiss her on the cheek and take a couple steps back.

"Okay, now you're ready." She tells me and gives in and begins to cry. I finally feel complete. I'm ready to get married. My dad wraps his arm around mine and we begin to walk down the aisle. Juliet is in front of me, tossing flower petals. I see Lucas on the end, smiling. My mom quickly sits down in a chair in the back. She came. I wanted her to come so badly and she did. I don't know exactly why I wanted her to show up, but she did. I finish walking and stand in front of Lucas. My dad takes my veil and pushes it over my head. Both Lucas and I face the officiate as he begins to speak.