Welcome to the Black Parade

April 27th; 2024
A week later
Taylor Swift's Point of View
My eyes slowly open but shut back down as it seems draining to keep them open. I forcefully open them again and look around. It's white, it's all so very white and blurry. The light hurts, and I hear a small ring. I close my eyes again but this is when I feel a tube shoved down my throat. I quickly begin to gag and try to move to take it out but I'm too weak to do so. I think all my gagging got Joe's attention because I can hear his voice. He's yelling.

She's awake, she's awake!

I don't feel so awake. I feel like I'm in a trance of nothing. A nurse comes running over to me and I see her smile. Yeah, cool, look at me but can you take out this damn tube?
The nurse reaches over my mouth and takes out ventilator which helps with my comfort. I cough once again. Like I'm not used to that.

"Hello Taylor, can you tell me where you are?" This is the first thing she asks me out of all things.

"It looks like a hospital." I say quietly as it's hard to speak loudly.

"And what's your name?"

"Taylor Swift-Alwyn." They're running a stupid neurological exam.

"Follow the light please." She shines a bright light into my eyes which I proceed to follow.

"What happened?" I ask. Obviously something bad happened since I got a million get well soon type of shit in here and I'm also in a damn hospital to begin with.

"Do you remember anything?" She questions.

"If I did would I be asking you? The last thing I remember was playing at a concert"

"That concert didn't go as planned. Now squeeze my fingers as tight as you can." I reach up and grasp her fingers tightly. Joe sits in the corner just looking at me with a smile.

"What happened?" I ask again.

"You had a stroke."

"A stroke? I'm in my 30's. I take good care of myself."

"You have hypoxia. There wasn't enough oxygen in your blood to sustain your bodily functions. Your brain wasn't getting enough oxygen and you had a stroke."

"That's it? What am I supposed to do then? Breathe more? I can barely breathe half the time to begin with."

"Your exam checks out. I think the doctor should be here to explain all the details to you." She walks away and I look over to Joe who is slightly crying now.

"What are you doing all the way over there London Boy?" I ask with a small laugh. He walks over and brings a chair to sit right next to me.

"I really missed you." He says.

"Was I in a coma?" I ask.

"Yeah, for a week. They put you in a medically induced coma for a few days. I've been waiting for you to wake up for the past couple days."

"You smell gross." I tell him softly which causes him to laugh.

"I haven't showered for a week. I was more worried about you then my personal hygiene."

"The kids?"

"Your dad is with them."

"Joe, what's wrong with me?"

Joe looks up at the ceiling for a moment as if he's trying to pull himself together. He looks at me with small tears swelling in his eyes. "You have-it wasn't allergies."

"Am I gonna die or something?" My tone quickly becomes concerned rather then casual.

"We all will eventually."