Chapter 4 - Unexpected Plans.

Shayne Austen...

Jonah has been kicking and punching my front door for the last 15 minutes and it doesn't seem like he is letting up any time soon. I am not going to lie, I am beginning to feel a little nervous, which is why I have come down the stairs and sat on the bottom step for fear of him actually breaking through the door. Rationally I know that simply isn't possible because the door is solid oak with the metal bar running along the centre of it, but irrationally I am scared.

I don't have anyone here. I mean Jeremy lives next door, but it isn't as if we are friends. I couldn't rely on him to keep coming to my rescue and I would actually hate it if he did. I am a big girl which means that I should be able to cope with this on my own. Unfortunately, if last night had taught me anything it was that Jonah would have no problems using force to get what he wanted. And for as strong and feisty as I am - I am absolutely no match for my ex. I knew that as sure as I knew that I needed air to breathe. I had always assumed that Jonah would never hurt me, that he would do everything in his power to keep me safe but last night, he had hit me, granted I hit him first and I am not above taking a slap in retaliation, but he has pushed me to the dirt and then laughed about it when I had obviously twisted my ankle. That is not the actions of someone who claimed to love me. I knew that.

The banging and kicking stopped abruptly, and I slowly got up and moved into my front room, pulling back the curtains that I had kept closed over this morning, to see my brother literally with a handful of Jonah's collar in his fist and pulling him towards his parked car. Banging on the window to catch his attention, he turned to look at me. The minute he caught sight of my face, he turned to Jonah, a dangerous glint in his eyes and I raced towards the door, pulling the security bar up and unlocking the lock, yanking the door open so quickly in time to catch my brother literally slam his fist into Jonah's face, the crack of bone marinated the air and I gasped.

"Get your shit and get the fuck out of here and don't even think about coming back here!" Jay threatened him, pushing him towards me. My brother could be down-right scary when it came to protecting me or standing up for me. Now, was no different.

Jonah moved towards me, and I felt myself instinctively cower back, but he made no effort to come near me, he just began grabbing his stuff and began to transport it to his waiting car. Jay reached me as Jonah made the first trip back to his car.

My brother was here. He was actually here and for a moment I allowed myself to forget that I was mad as Hell at him, gently he hooked his thumb under my chin and examined the bruise that had formed around my mouth from where Jonah had cracked me last night, the swelling was what made it look so bad, at least that was what I was telling myself. "Motherfucker! I should have hit him fucking harder!" My brother growled angrily, "although it looks like you got him pretty good," he chuckled, dropping his hand, and enveloped me in the tightest hug, a hug that I had been in desperate need of.

I had a lot to fill him in on, but right now I just wanted to sink into the familiarity of family and the support that came from that connection. I had felt so alone the past couple of weeks as my realisation at my situation seemed to close in around me. I never felt the need to always have my family close, Hell, if I had I never would have moved here but as things with Jonah began to derail, I just couldn't shake the need to have my own support here. Jonah had his family, and his friends and I knew that due to his mother's constant backstabbing of me had tainted all those others' views of me. I had never felt so completely alone before and that had scared the fuck out of me in a way I had never been scared before.

"Come on kid, let's get inside," he ushered me inside and closed the door behind him, "seems I arrived at the right time huh?" He asked and I nodded as I hobbled along the hallway to the kitchen, "what's wrong with your leg?"