Chapter 9 - Torture...

A Few Hours Later;
Jeremy Irvine...

We had driven nearly half an hour to another town for the bar we were currently in. Jay had decided to be the designated driver so that we wouldn't have to pay an extortionate fare to get home at the end of the night.

When Jay had knocked on my door to invite me to come out with him, his wife and sister - my desire to see Shay had ruled my decision to say yes. Walking into her living room just as she and Hailey were talking about vibrators - I caught the heat on her beautiful features as she refused to even look at me. I can't help but wonder what they were discussing to have gotten them on that topic. The male part of me is screaming that if she needs to be fucked; I am more than willing and capable of doing the job but the cautious side of me has me keeping my distance.

When she stood up - I swear I almost creamed myself. A shorter than short black leather skirt with a slit up the right side of her thigh showed so much tattooed flesh that my dick stirred to life in one long throb, a strapless blood red top that tied at the spot where her bra would have clipped had she been wearing one. Thigh high black leather boots with a metal spiked heel held her a couple of inches taller than she was. Walking towards me, she still didn't look at me as she slipped past me - the rich plumes of Jasmine and spices settled around me until I felt completely bathed in her scent. My groin ached and my heart was fluttering as if I was experiencing my very first hard-on.

Then when she collided with me coming out of her small toilet - I was pretty sure that we had a moment. I mean, it felt like a moment. Something changed between us - I was almost 100% sure that something changed between us. Yet, she had barely acknowledged my presence since then. Even now, she was at the bar chatting to a group of guys and the jealousy coursing through me at the sight of it was jerking my body towards her. I wanted to grab her and drag her out of here. But then what?

What would I do? I am not ready for anything - Hell, not even a fling. I know that it would be incredibly unfair of me to demand that she stop having a good time, or even going home with one of the guys who were hanging off her every word. I watched in painful silence as she animatedly talked to one guy in particular. He stood at well over 6'foot in height, a shaved head, covered in tattoos and built like he could bench-press a small bungalow with no effort. Looking at them together - they made the obvious best match, but still my dick wasn't convinced as again it throbbed with annoying clarity that this woman was what it wanted.

"You know," Hailey slid up next to me, "that guy is nothing..."

"Really cause it doesn't look like he is nothing to her!"

"He's a foot-note Jeremy, the guy that is always in a romance novel that is killed off before the heroine realises who she is really meant to be with,"

"Are you saying this is...that she will see that...that I am meant to...Jesus fucking Christ what is it about her that has me all tongue tied?"

"That's the sign of being besotted, I am afraid!" She smiled at me sympathetically.

Hailey said besotted - that I was besotted with Shayne, but the truth is I don't want to be. I could be a complete asshole and say it is just my dick that has a mind of its own, but I knew deep down that it was more than that. A little fact that was only confirmed when the meat-head wrapped his arm around Shay's shoulder, pulling her close to his side.

I could do nothing but watch as she looked up at him - and he looked down at her and the way their heads began to fall together had me clenching my jaw so tightly that I swear I could feel a couple teeth cracking under the weight of it. Their lips met and she turned in his arms as he bundled her tiny frame into his large embrace and the kiss deepened. My cock was angry. My stomach was looping. If I had no sense of self-preservation, I would march over there and tell him to get his meat-hooks off her.