Bags of liquid

I slowly stirred awake. 'Where am I? What is this place' Oh, right. I forgot I wasn't at home anymore. My parents sold me. However, that still doesn't explain why I am inside some weird bag. What even is this liquid? I can breathe it? I am breathing through weird tubes?

This doesn't make any sense. I looked around, to see more bags hanging from the sealing. Every bag was empty.

Well, all bags except one. To my side was a bag with a young boy. He looked to be around my age. He had black, messy hair, with blond, shaved sides. He was also looking at me. He had beautiful grey eyes. I think he was trying to tell me something, since he wouldn't stop moving.

I didn't know what he meant, so I just waved hello. He stopped moving for a second, before frequently pointing downwards. I followed his finger with my eyes and looked at the ground. I saw broken pots everywhere, a strange black liquid seeping through the cracks. I noticed the broken pots all belonged to the empty bags.

My pot, and the boys pot, were still whole, with orange liquid instead of black. I didn't get why the boy pointed downwards. What was wrong with the ground? But then I saw two men below me. I recognised one to be Jigen, the person who was my new parent. The other was a man with white hair and orange glasses.

The two men were talking about something, but I couldn't understand them. I turned back to the boy with a confused look. He shrugged, meaning he had no idea what was happening either. I looked back to Jigen and the other men to see that Jigen had a weird black marking all over his body.

'What is that? He didn't have that before!' I thought. Then my new father raised his hand and put it in my pot. The orange liquid turned black. I started panicking. I recognised that black liquid, it was the same as the one in the broken pots. This is bad.

I moved anxiously in my bag, in hope that that would slow down the black liquid, which made its way up to me through three tubes. I was kicking, and scratching everything around me. This didn't help one bit of course, and I turned to the boy, in search of help. The boy stared at me in shock, I can't blame him, I was in shock as well.

Before I knew it the black liquid reached me. It seeped through my body and felt like it set my body on fire. My screams of agony were reduced to mere bubbles in the bag. All I could feel was pain as a strange black marking started covering my body. My movement reduced as I slowly lost consciousness.

Kawaki POV

I tried to warn the girl, but by time she realised it was too late. I stared at her in shock as the black liquid reached her bag. She kept anxiously moving around, however I don't think it is from fear this time.

After a couple seconds some black marking started covering her body. From her reacting it certainly wasn't a pleasant experience. Her movement slowly faded away until she lifeless lay in the bag. The black markings disappeared.

'Is she dead? What happened? What the hell even was that? What is going on here?!'

''Huh?'' I heard from below me. The two guys stared in confusion at the girl. ''The pot didn't break, but she also didn't get the Karma? Is that even possible?''

Karma? What are they talking about? What is a Karma? I don't get this at all. ''Get her out of that bag and examine her. Figure out what just happened. I'll see if this one is the vessel.'' ''Yes, Jigen.'' Jigen walked away from the girls' pot to mine.

The man looked me in the eyes with a demanding look. ''Try not to disappoint me Kawaki. I have no need for a failure.'' Fear instantly sent chills through my entire body. I anxiously tried to escape this bag, just like the girl did a minute ago. However, unsuccessfully.

I felt the black liquid seep through my longs as air, burning them alive. The pain was unbearable, what the hell was happening? Black markings appeared on my hand and spread out on my body, making the pain even worse. My screams turned into measly bubbles.

Before I lost consciousness, I could hear one of the men laugh. ''Finally! The vessel has arrived!''

Then everything went dark.