Tests

I slowly opened my eyes. There was light everywhere.

''Oh, looks like you're awake, y/n.'' I heard someone say. My eyes weren't used to the light yet, so I squinted my eyes in order to see something. I sat up and looked around. It looked like I was in some sort of medical place. I was the only patient though.

''Where am I? What happened to me?'' I asked the man in front of me. I recognised him. He was the man with the white hair and orange glasses, I didn't know where I recognised him from. He was standing with his back towards me, so I couldn't see what he was doing.

''Well, what happened to you is none of your concern. As for where you are, this is my office. I was told to examine you.'' The man turned around. ''My name is Amado.'' I looked at him in confusion. ''What do you mean what happened to me is none of my concern, it is ab-''

Amado was quick to cut me off. ''Stop right there. Let me tell you something, alright kid? You do not have a will. In this place you are nothing, you have no value. The best you can do is simply obey orders. If I tell you, it is none of your concern, its none of your concern. Got that?''

I didn't dare to say anything, so I quickly nodded. ''Good. Now, I still have to perform some tests so just lay back down and don't do anything.'' Amado said as he walked away to get some stuff. I had no idea what he was going to do, but he made clear that I just have to do what he said. So, I laid back down on my cold hospital bed.

----------

''Woah, I can't believe this.'' I heard Amado say beside me. He had been performing tests on me for the last couple hours. I was yearning for finally some answers. Over time, I remembered what had happened before I woke up in here. I still didn't know what was going on, though.

Tons of questions filled my head. What exactly happened there? Why were there bags everywhere? What purpose had those bags? Why was I in a bag? Who was the boy? What happened to the boy? What was up with that strange liquid? What are all these tests for?

''What is it? What do the tests say?'' I asked Amado, desperate for an explanation. ''Shut your mouth kid. Didn't I tell you? All you have to do is obey orders, if you need to know something, we will tell you. Otherwise, you should just stay quiet.'' I looked away in defeat. ''Right.''

Amado stood up from his chair and walked towards the door. ''Jigen will decide what to do with you. That comes first, after that I'll tell you about the tests.'' I looked up with a smile on my face. ''Really? Thank you!''

----------

I silently waited in Amado's office. It was a simple office, a desk, a chair, a hospital bed and medical supplies. After a while I got bored, so I started walking around. That's when I noticed some papers on the desk. Amado brought papers along with him to Jigen, so I figured there was nothing left on his desk. But apparently, I was wrong.

I didn't know if I was allowed to look at the papers, but curiosity overcame me, so I looked anyway.

There were multiple papers, but one particular caught my attention. It was a paper with a picture. A picture of the boy I saw in the other bag. His face was better visible in the picture then how I first met him, but it was definitely the same boy.

''Kawaki...'' I read. 'So that's his name'

I continued reading the page. I didn't understand anything that was written, something about a Karma and experiments. One thing was abundantly clear. He was the Vessel.

I didn't understand what he was a vessel for, or how he became one. I also couldn't read further, because I heard footsteps coming from the other side of the door.

I quickly placed the papers back on the desk and ran to my hospital bed. I was just in time, because the second I sat down, the door opened, and Amado walked inside.

I opened my mouth to say something but stopped when I saw Amado signal not to say anything. ''Jeesh, kid. You really like talking, don't you.'' He put his papers on the desk, grabbed the chair and seated it in front of me, sitting down himself.

''Now, about the test results.'' He said. ''It turns out you have an abnormal amount of chakra. This explains why you were able to work so hard and long for your old parents without much difficulty. You also have a strange regeneration ability. We don't know exactly how it works, but we think this is the reason you survived the ritual a couple hours earlier, even though it failed.''

I listened in amazement. ''Woah, so that's like really cool, right?'' ''That's one way to see it, yeah. Jigen has great plans for you, he says he wants to personally train you. I will lead you to your room and tomorrow your training will begin.'' Amado explained.

''Training? Why do I need training?'' I asked. I clearly should not have done that, because next thing I know, Amado is yelling at me, and knowing him, that isn't a good sign. ''How many times do I have to tell you?! Your job is to shut up and do as your told! Stop asking stupid questions! Listen kid, when you're training with Jigen tomorrow, he will not be as considerate as I am. You do as he says, no questions asked, got it?''

I quickly nod, too scared to talk. ''Good. Now come with me, I'll show you your room.'' Amado said as he walked out of the room, waiting for me to follow him. I quickly get off of the bed and run after him.