Nature energy

I woke up on the ground of a dark room. There was absolutely nothing, except me and darkness, even the ground was pitch-black. I stood up and started walking. I did not have a specific destination, I just wanted to know where I was and what was going on. However, no matter how far I seemed to walk, I never encountered any walls.

Was this not a room, then? But if that wasn't the case, what the hell was this? I never read about infinite spaces in any of the books in the library... maybe in the hidden section I've found recently.

Suddenly, green light appeared behind me. I quickly turned around. It was a sort of cloud? No, it's not a cloud, I think it looks like this chakra thing. I've read about it a little bit, but the book said chakra is supposed to be blue, not green. Besides, chakra is used for ninjutsu. I don't know anything about ninjutsu, Jigen always thought me hand-to-hand combat. So why would it be here with me?

The green chakra gradually expanded. It was flowing all around me, now. It was beautiful. I could sense it was very pure and peaceful. It made me feel like I stood at the side of a river ending in a waterfall, surrounded by a forest. Down the waterfall was a gorgeous valley, with lots of animals. The sun shone through the blue sky, where all sorts of birds flew.

It was amazing how chakra could make me feel this way. I've never experienced anything like it before. It was so different from the atmosphere in the Kara, even when I was with my parents I've never felt anything like this.

Could this be nature energy? Chakra usually comes from shinobi, in other words, specific humans. If normal chakra is blue and comes from shinobi, this chakra is green, so this must be from nature. It somehow makes me feel like I'm in the middle of nature itself, there is no other explanation!

I was actually quite happy they chose to give me nature energy. It's beautiful! And I'd rather have something beautiful then a stupid scientific ninja tool like Garo and the other Outers. What the hell would I do with anchor hands that shoot bombs?! Yeah, no thanks.

I slowly walked to the energy and reached my hand forwards, almost touching the flowing chakra. It was warm. I could feel the heat around the glowing light, like the heat of a campfire. It didn't hurt, the opposite in fact. It made me feel better!

When my fingertips grazed the energy, I could feel it flow through my body. Instead of imagining I stood beside that river, I actually felt it this time. I could hear the water rustling, the birds chirping, the wind razing through the forest. I could smell the flowers in the valley and feel the damp grass at my feet. All my senses detected nature.

''So, this is the power of pure nature energy...'' I mumbled with a slight smile on my face. I walked deeper into the chakra, letting it flow through my body. The more energy I encountered, the more I could feel the nature.

After a while, I noticed that I wasn't letting the energy flow through me, but my body was absorbing it. I didn't know how my body was doing that, I never learned how to. With this realization I also sensed something new, something quite opposite from the pure nature I had been feeling.

It felt cold and hard, like metal. It was replacing my previous feeling of nature. I could also feel new chakra, it was the blue sort shinobi use. Something was going on, and I didn't like it.

I was still absorbing natural energy though. The more my body absorbed, the more I could feel the new, cold feeling, gradually replacing the beautiful nature. 'What?! Wait, no, no, no, no! I don't want the nature to go away!' I thought as I started running away from the green chakra, in hope of stopping my body from absorbing more nature energy. This didn't do anything of course, it just followed me. Or well, my body.

The feeling of nature continued to dissolve, the only thing I could still sense, was the smell of the forest. The rest was just a cold sense of metal. It reminded me of the hospital wards at Kara's base. I started to feel multiple chakra's, some tolerable, other full of murderous intent. Intent so bad, I could instantly feel my body shiver in fear.

''What the hell is this feeling?! I don't want it! It feels like I'll die, just being near it!'' I said, still desperately trying to get rid of the nature energy following me. I was running out of breath, this is bad. I can't let the nature energy catch up to me, it'll just make the feeling worse!

Then I suddenly bumped into something. ''Arghh, what is it this time?'' I mumbled as I stumbled backwards. ''What do you think you're doing.'' a stern voice said. I look up and my eyes widen in horror. ''J-Jigen! I-I'm sorry! I-''

Jigen narrowed his eyes. ''Spare me your excuses. I have no need for them.'' I gulped, he arrived at the worst possible time, and was clearly not planning on leaving anytime soon. ''How dare you defy me! I give you power, and you decline it?! Who do you think you are?'' He exclaimed angrily.

I slightly stepped back in fear. ''Wh-What? N-No! I swear, it isn't like that! I just-'' I looked behind me, the nature energy was quickly gaining ground. ''You just what?'' Jigen interrupted, he was mad. I'm pretty sure I knew who the murderous intent belonged to by now...

''Th-The nature energy, it- I- it was-'' I stuttered, anxiously searching for the words to explain why I was running away, without provoking Jigen. ''I-I was scared! The nature energy was amazing at first! I-I really loved it, b-but... Then it-, I don't know-, it changed!''

Jigen's expression didn't change at all, it terrified me. ''You are nothing. You have no value, nor meaning. You are hollow inside. I am helping you fill that hole. Being my little weapon gives you a reason to exist! This power I give you is your reason to exist! Therefore, you happily embrace it, got that?''

Small tears started forming in the corner of my eyes as I processed what Jigen just said. Happily embrace it? I turned around to look at the nature energy. It was dangerously close. There's no way I'm happily embracing anything that makes me constantly feel that horrible way.

The beginning was nice, the way nature felt was amazing! But if I would absorb it now; all I'll feel is coldness and unbearable murderous intent. I nervously turned my head back and looked Jigen in the face. ''I'm sorry, I can't do that.'' I said, hoping he wouldn't notice how scared I was.

Jigen wasn't happy with that answer. His eyes were radiating anger. ''You will obtain the nature energy.'' I tried to run past him, but Jigen grabbed me by my arm and brutely threw me back, in the direction of the green chakra.

I winched in pain as I bounced on the ground. He really does throw hard. I looked up to his face as I climbed up my hands and knees. His eyes didn't even show a bit of sympathy. I wasn't really expecting any, but it still made me sick. Doesn't this guy have any feelings? Doesn't he care for others even a little bit?

Before I could do, say or think anything else, however. The enormous amount of nature energy hit me from behind, causing me to fall forward. My body instantly started absorbing all the chakra, causing my senses to explode. My mind couldn't think straight anymore.

All I felt was extreme coldness, screams, murder intent, hopelessness, blood, sadness, anger and most of all, pain. None of these were actually mine, but I still felt every single thing. I didn't even notice the tears that were streaming out of my eyes.

I quickly ran my fingers through my hair, desperately holding my head, trying to calm down. I kept telling myself that these things weren't real, my body wasn't feeling them, it was just in my head. Anything to somehow stop my senses from picking up any more feelings through the nature energy. Nothing helped even a little. So, I did all I could think of at that moment.

I screamed my longs out. 

A/N: Hello! I just wanted to say that I'm going on vacation soon, so I won't be able to update upcoming weeks. Sorry about that. I'll try to write, so I'll probably have multiple chapters to post afterwards! 

I hope everyone has a great vacation, take good care of yourselves! Remember to properly eat, drink and sleep :)