Getting out of here

As Mitsuki and Sarada started running towards the control room, I made my way to Kawaki. I had quickly located him and figured out he was the reason the alarm went off. We are the best at escaping places, after all.

It didn't take long before I had reached him. "Kawaki!" I called out. He quickly turned around. "Y/n?" He asked with a confused expression. I summoned my scythe and broke his handcuffs. "That's me."

"Why are you here? Where are your handcuffs? How did you find me?" He asked, while rubbing his wrists. "Whoa, that's a lot of questions." I chuckled. "I broke out first and found you with nature energy after getting my scythe back."

We then heard multiple footsteps approaching. "More questions will have to come later, let's get out of here." I spoke, before running off. Kawaki nodded and ran after me. "Hey!! Get back here, both of you!" We heard someone yell.

I looked back; it was Boruto. He, Sarada, Mitsuki and some purple haired girl were running after us. Kawaki just tched, he then turned to me. "Do you even know where we are going?"

I looked at him in annoyance. 'You figure something out then dumbass, can't you handle yourself?' But since I am a nice person... most of the time... I answered him. "Give me a second. I'll figure out our escape route."

I closed my eyes and focused on the nature energy. Since I could sense my surroundings, I didn't have to slow my running, and I didn't stumble into any walls or other things that were in my way. I found multiple routes we could use. Under different circumstances, however.

There were multiple staircases, however they all were out of the question. They were either too far away or there were too many people around. We could also just break a window and jump out; however, the building was a little too high for that, even for us.

Breaking through the rooms and making our escape route by hand was out of the question. Too many people, materials and dangerous equipment. Going through the floor on the other hand...

We had to get down one way or another and this was both faster and more efficient than the stairs. If I could break through a couple floors, the option for breaking a window and jumping out of the building was on the table again. I knew my height limit was about 10 meters and I guessed Kawaki's was the same.

"I've got a plan. Hold them off for a bit, I'll get us out." I yelled at Kawaki, he nodded and turned around, ready to stall the group of shinobi. I ran a little further ahead, I could feel myself getting tired from using all that nature energy. I wasn't nearly at full strength yet, but it shouldn't have been this bad.

Pushing away the upcoming headache, I summoned my scythe and made a little aiming-crotch in the middle of the floor. I spread my arms and gathered as much nature energy as I could. The force of it caused wind to blow everywhere, pushing everything and everyone back.

I held my scythe in two hands above my head and focused the energy at the tip of the blade. Increasing both its sharpness and its force. I had to reestablish my feet to make sure I wouldn't lose my balance.

I then plunged the scythe into the ground with all my strength. The ground slowly started to crumble and fell apart after mere seconds. I could hear our pursuers crying out as they fell. 'One down, two more to go.' I thought as I clumsily landed on the fallen debris.

I spread my arms again and tried to gather loads of nature energy. It was a lot more difficult, since I was getting tired. I held my scythe above my head and plunged it down a second time.

The force of the blow was clearly not as big as before, but it did the trick. After a couple of seconds this floor was also crumbling to pieces and were we another floor lower. Kawaki must have noticed I was getting tired, because he offered to do the next one. "I'll break this one, hold on tight!"

"Okay!" I responded as I tried to brace myself against the wall. Kawaki moved the debris away and transformed his hands into a knife thingy. He then began to repeatedly punch the ground, until it broke and collapsed underneath us. Which was surprisingly a lot faster than I had expected.

"Now we just have to go to a window, break it, and jump out of the building." I said as I recovered from the fall. Konoha shinobi were standing on their feet just as fast however, so we had to hurry. Kawaki nodded. "Lead the way."

"There should be one at the end of the hall to our second left." I said as I started running. Kawaki followed. "Wait!! Stop running!" We heard Sarada yell after us. They were obviously in better shape than us. We had to fight multiple battles before being stuck in here, after all.

"It's this one, turn left here." I said as Kawaki almost passed the hallway. He quickly adjusted and we both ran at full speed towards the window. I picked up some of the equipment people were transporting around here and threw it at the window.

I don't know what it was, but it resulted in an explosion that shattered the glass. Win-win for us, so it wasn't a problem. "Now we just jump?" Kawaki asked. "Yeah." I responded. "Make sure you don't die!"

We then jumped out of the building with all our strength.