Daily life these days

A couple months have passed since that first training. Things were a little better now. No, that isn't correct. Things have stayed the same, I've just grown more used to it.

The training is still unbearable. My fighting skills have improved slightly, but Jigen wasn't quite satisfied yet. We have been training with weapons now, Jigen has his metal pole. And I have... ehh... my hands.

I'm glad I have training in the afternoon. I'm usually so tired afterwards, I fall asleep immediately. I do wake up a couple hours later, but that doesn't matter! I can use that time to study some more at the library.

The library definitely is my favourite place to be. It is a cold, stone-grey room, but I find comfort in the books. They're pretty much the only things that don't yell at me. The studying really is a pain in the ass though.

The list of topics I have to study each weak is really long and the books are written in complicated English. At first, I had to study English, because I couldn't understand the other books. Jigen didn't really like that.

I'm not the only one who goes to the library on a daily base, but since everyone knows that I get special training from Jigen, they all avoid me. It's okay, I never really liked them either. They all give off bad vibes. Especially the librarian. I thought she would be nice, aren't most librarians nice? Well, no, she is horrible.

She always makes me clean up after other people and if I put a book back on the wrong place, I immediately must clean everything. What kind of logic is that?! Yeah, she really hates me.

Not that the other people working for this organisation are much better. I learned that they are the Inners of Kara and we are the Outers. I met Delta, Code, Boro, Victor and of course Amado. I know that there is another one, but I haven't seen him around.

Delta is very hot-headed to say the least. If you stay on her good side and avoid her when she's mad, she is acceptable. Unfortunately for me, our first encounter went horrible. I'm glad I got out of that alive. If Amado hadn't told her Jigen needed me, she probably would have killed me. I still get chills thinking about that day.

I haven't really talked much with the others. Code is okay, he doesn't really give off a bad vibe. But we are talking about Kara's Inners here, there has to be something bad about him. Victor is annoying. Like, really annoying. He just walks around with his cane, bossing people around. He has this stupid, old man vibe around him. I know he's strong, so I should be careful. But he's just so annoying ughh, it's hard to act respectful in his presence.

I only know Boro from his name and face. But I also don't like him. He looks so arrogant. I really don't like the Inners after all. They are all incredibly scary at the same time. Even hearing their names can give me chills all over my body. It's irritating to say the least.

As for the only person I've wanted to see, it's like Kawaki has completely disappeared. I hear the Outers talk about him sometimes, or there is a rumour I pick up by chance. But I've not seen him once, since that day in those weird bags.

I tried asking Amado about him during my weekly check-up, but I didn't get any answers. Just the usual 'Just follow orders and don't ask questions, if you need to know something, you will be told.' I didn't even ask that many questions anymore, is it so bad to want to know something? Apparently, it is.

I looked on my pocket watch. 3.37pm. I should go get a snack before training. I'll finish these last 16 chapters tonight. I'm sure that would be fine, I'll just get a couple hours less sleep. I prefer being a little tired tomorrow over being late to training today. I was one minute late, a couple weeks ago. Never doing that again. Jigen made me train twice as hard, it's a surprise I didn't lose consciousness halfway through.

I quickly marked where I should continue tonight before closing my books and putting them back in their rightful place. I walked quick and silent to the cafeteria. If it's something I learned these last months, it's how to walk quick and silent from point A to B. It has become so bad lately, that I made a little game to see if I can be even stealthier.

For some reason I find comfort in walking around as silent as possible. It really helps in my ability to sneak beside people I don't want to confront. Therefore, no one noticed me leaving the library. On the contrary, I also developed an obsession to know where people around me are.

I polished my ability to hear footsteps from far and determine who is walking. So far, I can easily recognise Outers from at least 15 meters away. Since I barely encounter Inners, I don't know who is where.

I easily snuck in the cafeteria, grabbed a small apple and snuck back out. I avoided people as much as possible, so I ate my apple in my room. Even though it gets lonely from time to time, I think it's still better than being with Outers.

3.44pm.

I grabbed my training clothes and changed before walking towards the training hall.

''Right on time, y/n. Lets begin.'' I could hear Jigen say as I walked inside. ''Yes, sir.''