01ᴸᵃᵗᵉ ᴺⁱᵍʰᵗˢ ᴾᵃˢᵗ ᶜᵘʳᶠᵉʷ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟎𝟏

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟎𝟏

"ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ ɪ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴡᴀɴᴛᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴍᴇ"

"I got the rest, Ms. Lane." Jade started putting some things that were left out away, cleaning the nurses cabin. "You can rest."

Nurse Lane went to walk towards the door. "Thank you, Jade. You've been such a big help since you joined and the other kids are all a handful." She then left to go to her room.

The nurses cabin was quite big and the two had serepate rooms. First, there was the main office, which is where people usually see first when they walk in and it's also the place that had most of the medicinal supplies. Then on the side there was a door that led to Nurse Lane's office, she liked her priveracy. Jade was usually left in the main office.

Since she was left in the main office this gave her a bit of freedom to do what she wanted without people watching her. The bookshelf that used to be empty was now filled with horror books like thrillers and slashers. Then there was a row just for medical books and on occasion there were some snacks stashed in the cabinets. This was so that she wouldn't have to go to the cafeteria.

These days Nurse Lane had been talking more about her daughter and Jade tried to help in any way she could. Nurse Lane had shown her kindness, plus she was an aquainced of Jade's aunt. So usually jade would take the nights alone, letting Nurse Lane get rest.

Though it was late and most times people don't come around this time. Being late meant that it was close to curfew. Sometimes kids would be out at night but most times they were already in their cabin.

Though maybe only one person would be dumb enough to stop by...after curfew too.

When Jade wasn't taking care of kids she would be reading her medical books, taking notes and checking on the supplies. But when it turned dark she would take out the horror books to fit the mood.

An hour had passed and it was now after curfew. Jade ended up taking a snack bar out, getting hungry.

The old wooden door slowly creaked open and a gasp was heard at the doorway. "So this is what you do? You get to be all cozy and eat snacks." The ginger walked over to Jade who was sitting in front of the desk and with that the girl plopped herself to sit on the table, taking the snack bar out of Jade's hand. "While I have to endure endless torute out there." Ziggy then took a bite out of the snack bar.

"What are you doing here?" Jade leaned on the chair with a light laugh. This was like music to Ziggy'S ear, she loved making the girl laugh. Jade looked over at Ziggy, "Did you get hurt again?"

Ziggy dropped her eyes to look down at Jade's knees that had a bandaid. "Me? You're the one covered in bandaids."

"Wow." Jade closed the book in front of her, leaving a bookmark in the middle. "Maybe because someone couldn't keep their balance when we went out after curfew to the lake."

The ginger bopped her head to the side, letting her blue eyes scan the brunette's face with a smirk, leaning forward. "Maybe I just wanted you to catch me."

"Then you got what you wanted." Jade let a small smile appear on her face as she stretched comfortably on the chair, letting the cracelt hand on her wrist.

The two girls had matching bracelets with different letters carved into it. Jade's bracelet had a Z carved onto it while Ziggy had a J. Originally the Z carved one was for Ziggy and the J carved one was for Jade but they switched bracelets at the last second.

"Yeah and but then you fell off the boulder." Ziggy chuckled, remembering the events. "You couldn't keep balance either."

It was Jade's turn to slightly lean forward with a smirk with raised brows. "I guess you could say I fell for you."

Ziggy laughed. "You're a dork."

What Ziggy said was true, Jade did lose balance. The two of them were on a big boulder rock together and Ziggy had lost balance first, almost falling. Since Jade was next to her, she caught the girl from falling. When she did, Jade had to pull Ziggy closer to her body so she wouldn't fall. After realizing the close distance between their faces as their bodies touched, Jade was the one to lose balance. Her footing slipped, making her roll down a small hill then half into the lake.

That day, Nurse Lane made fun of them for being reckless.

Ziggy swung her legs as she dangled off the front of the desk. "I wish we could hang out more but No you're more interested in medicine then Ziggy Berman."

Jade turned her head away with a smile. "Don't even compare the two. Those are two very different things."

"Okay only because I know you like me too much, maybe even more than your passion for that medical stuff." Ziggy took another bite from the candy bar, looking out the window. "I just wanted to give you a heads up. I plan on stealing ten dollars from your sister tomorrow."

Jade's head fell comfortably back onto the chair, leaning back. "Or we could avoid all the drama and I could just give you ten dollars." She then started to dig into her pocket. "I actually might have some on me-"

Ziggy put her hand on Jade's arm to stop her from taking any money out of her pocket. "I'm not taking money from you." She tilted her head, sending Jade a smile. "I'm just doing this to piss Sheila off."

Jade felt her face slightly heat up from the touch but she ignored it. "If anything happens you know where to find me. Try not to get caught sneaking back into your cabin. Camp would really suck if you got kicked out."

Ziggy didn't want to leave yet but it was getting really late and it was already past curfew. The ginger groaned as she leaned back onto the desk a little before jumping off and walking to the door. "You wouldn't happen to have any more of those-"

Jade opened up a cabinet and took one of the snack bars that she had stashed there. She threw it at Ziggy. "Don't tell the others that I favor you, they might get jealous."

Ziggy caught the candy bar that Jade had thrown at her. "Please I'm your only friend here."

"And I'm literally your only friend." Jade watched Ziggy put the candy bar in her pocket.

" Jade watched Ziggy put the candy bar in her pocket

A/N

I had a hard time trying to write Sheila cuz idek what happened to her

Also I plan on making a Kate ff but this one is my main focus right now