09ᴸᵃˢᵗ ᴼⁿᵉ ˢᵗᵃⁿᵈⁱⁿᵍ

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟬𝟵

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟬𝟵

"ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ'ꜱ ᴍʏ ꜱɪꜱᴛᴇʀ?"

Jade was roughly shaken away and the first image she saw was Nick's face in front of her

Jade was roughly shaken away and the first image she saw was Nick's face in front of her. "Where's Ziggy?"

She blinked her eyes but seeing the blood had quickly woken her up. "The hanging tree." She hurried to get up and ran towards the tree.

When she reached the hanging tree, her eyes widened at the view as they started to water.

Jade ran to Ziggy's body on the ground, placing her hands on the wounds trying to stop the bleeding. She put her fingers over Ziggy's wrist, trying to feel a pulse but it was light. The pulse was hardly there which meant she was dying. Jade quickly turned to Nick, seeing him just standing there. "Check Cindy." He hesitated, only looking down at Ziggle.

The brunette noticed him not moving. She kept her hands on the wound while staring at Nick. "Nick! I have her! Now hurry your ass and check on Cindy!" Jade shouted at Nick making him jump, he ran to Cindy's body.

Jade quickly got up on her knees, placing her hands on Ziggy's chest. Chest compressions, chest compressions, chest compressions. They were the key to keeping her blood flowing, to keep her breathing and alive. She quickly went to do mouth to mouth for Ziggy to try and get more air, then switched back to chest compressions.

Jade stopped doing chest compressions when she felt a hand touch her arm. "Ziggy?" A teardrop fell out of Jade's eye, seeing the ginger's eyes slowly open.

Ziggy gasped for air, staring into Jade's eyes. "I see you're still alive."

Jade held onto Ziggy's hand, afraid that the girl would fall asleep and never wake up. "Don't try to talk. The medics are on their way."

The sound of the ambulance was getting closer, someone had to have called them.

The paramedics asked them for her name and before Jade could answer, Nick did.

"Christine Berman."

Jade looked at him as he slowly went and looked at her but none of them spoke a word.

Ziggy had her hand out, reaching for Jade, holding onto her hand as she looked up at her, ignoring Nick's looks. "My sister...where's my sister?"

Jade softly looked at Ziggy while holding her hand with both of hers. Both her and Nick stayed quiet, not able to say anything. The more Jade stared into Ziggy's eyes that waited for an asner the more her eyes watered, not knowing what to say.

They watched the paramedics take Cindy's body away in a body bag.

"Jade." A voice spoke out, making Jade turn her attention to the voice.

Jade hurried to run to Sheila, wrapping her arms around her older sister. She saw that the medics had dressed her wounds. Sheila was most likely to have called them. "Ziggy's sister didn't make it." Jade spoke as she dug her head onto her sister's shoulder.

Sheila couldn't say anything, all she could do was hug her own sister back while glancing at Ziggy who was in the back of the ambulance.

Nick told the officers that Thomas Slater just went crazy. While Ziggy and Jade stayed on the story of how it was the witches curse.

But only Ziggy's name appeared in the newspaper, how she was crazy. They would never put a sunnysider's name in there. It would ruin their reputation.

━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━

Jade was the one who stayed beside Ziggy all night at the hospital with Sheila by her side. While Ziggy was out asleep, Jade had fallen asleep on the chair that she put next to the hospital bed with her hands wrapped around Ziggy's.

Sheila stayed awake, leaning on the wall, keeping her eye on them. After tonight she wasn't about to leave her sister unattended anytime soon.

Ziggy's parents were away so it was going to take them a while to get there. She didn't have her sister anymore and no one else was there for her at the hospital but Jade and Sheila, not even Nick. He wouldn't show his face after what he did.

Nick apologized to Jade and Ziggy countless times, blaming himself.

Ziggy awoke to a warm feeling on her hand, when she looked to her side it was the brunette girl that was always there for her, especially when she needed it. She lightly tugged onto the hand. "Jade" she whispered. "Jade"

Ziggy looked in front of her and saw a tray of some food, some was eaten obviously by Jade.

"That was her doing." Sheila spoke in a low voice, keeping her distance.

Ziggy was surprised to see Sheila there but it made sense.

"Yeah, it actually wasn't that bad." Jade lightly spoke, talking about the food.

The ginger smiled with sad eyes. "You're awake."

"When did you wake up?" Jade asked her.

Ziggy looked down, wanting to forget the events but not wanting to. "Not too long ago."

Ziggy pulled Jade's hand up closer to her face, pulling the hand onto her cheek while Jade caressed her cheek. "Can you stay?"

Jade stared back, keeping her hand on Ziggy's. "You didn't have to ask." Ziggy scooted over so that Jade could lay beside her, while they held each other laying on the bed. "I told you, I'm always here for you...even when I'm not near by I will always be there for you." Jade whispered to her.

Ziggy placed her head on Jade's chest, holding onto her, not wanting to let go of her.

Jade didn't mind that Ziggy didn't talk much tonight, she went through hell. Sure Jade was also there but Ziggy lost her sister.

Ziggy was the target and Jade was just trying her best to protect her.