10ᵀʰᵉ ᴬᶠᵗᵉʳ ᴱᶠᶠᵉᶜᵗ

𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫

Uniform on, Jade had pursued her career in being a combat medic. Her experience at Camp Nightwing made her want to go further and be extreme. She climbed up the latter and even led her own teams going beyond that.

Jade had seen many different things on the battlefield but nothing could compete with the horror of what happened at Camp Nightwing.

Because on the battlefield when one dies they don't get back up.

Jade laid on the bed, turning her phone on from hearing a beep.

"You have one new voice-mail." The phone spoke.

"Did you call her? Jade, she was the other survivor that claimed that the witch's curse was real." Jade put the phone on speaker, continuing to listen to it as she went to sit up from her bed. "But wasn't she a Sunnysider? How-"

"River, she didn't answer just like how C. Burman didn't either." Another voice spoke. "Jade, if you are there, it's happening again. The curse, the killers are after us just like what happened during '78."

A different girl's voice was heard in the background. "She died. C. Burman died-"

Jade quickly stood up from hearing that. There was no way that Ziggy died. Sure it's been a while since they last spoke but-

"But that was the whole point, she survived"

"She died and came back. That's how we-" The phone was cut off.

Jade breathed in relief, the kids meant when Ziggy died at camp and she brought her back to life. Her heart almost stopped, thinking that Ziggy had recently died and she had no knowledge.

She went through the contacts in her phone, finding Ziggy's name. Her finger hesitantly hovered over it. They haven't talked in years and they didn't exactly end on good terms. Jade let her finger click the button but the number was no longer in service. 

Jade turned to her locker and put a bunch of supplies in her bag. Before leaving her room, she stared at the mirror as images went through her head. Walking into her boss's office, she stopped at the desk. "I'm taking my vacation early."

He put his pen down, looking up at her. "You're supposed to be training the new recruits. How the hell am I going to get someone as good as you in time-"

"Something came up back at my hometown. Very personal issues." Jade tried explaining while being discreet.

Her boss groaned. "Fine, fine, go. Not like I can stop you anyway."

Jade nodded, saluting him. "Thank you, sir."

Jade left and took the first flight back to her old hometown. Which was Sunnyside but she made her way towards Shadyside.

 Which was Sunnyside but she made her way towards Shadyside

A/N

River is an OC for my Kate fic that I have to work on
Things are still a work on progress

This was short because its the last chapter for now