| IV. The Journal |

"Is that-"

"Nurse's Lane journal?" She smiles, looking at a scared Kurt. "Fuck yes!"

Natalie opened the journal which made Kurt get closer to her, shoulders touching, his head being above Natalie's shoulder. She started flipping the pages until saw something, "Look, that's her daughter!"

"Ruby Lane... Look at this." He said, pointing at some notes Nurse Lane wrote next to her daughter's picture.

"Before she killed her friends and herself, she was sweating a lot. She told me she felt sick and that she was hearing voices. I thought she just had the flu." They both read the notes. Natalie stopped reading and thought about her brother.

"What's wrong?" Kurt taps her shoulder which made her snapped out of what she was thinking. Natalie sat down on the chair in front of her and sighs, "It's just my- my brother. When I was saying my speech I looked over to him and he was sweating badly, and he seemed nauseous and sick."

"Maybe it was the weather?"

Natalie starts flipping the pages from the journal and says, "No, no, you don't understand. This also happened to Ruby Lane. That's why Mary tried to kill my brother," She rested her back on the chair and continues, "In the cafeteria, Nurse Lane said something about 'I'm sorry' 'But I can't save you' 'I saw your name, I saw it on the wall' and the last thing she said was 'One way or another, you're gonna die tonight'. This already happened to her daughter."

"Okay, now you're just freaking me out, Natalie." Kurt grabbed Natalie's hands and stopped her from flipping the pages from the journal.

"Look, just shut up and listen to me." And he does, "She was trying to warn us. The curse of Shadyside is still going."

"What curse?"

"I don't know! That's what I'm trying to fucking find." She whispers, looking through the pages.

Kurt looked outside the window to see everyone getting ready for the Color War, he looked back at Natalie and said, "Natalie, I promise I'll help you with this stuff, but first we need to go to the Color War, okay?"

She hesitates for a moment but then nods, "Fine. Yeah, okay let's go."

Both Natalie and Kurt open Nurse's Lane door and leave, the Slater girl was about to leave and go to her team but was stopped by Kurt.

"Be careful, yeah?"

Natalie looked at him then scoffed, "Since when do you care?"

"Since that crazy nurse tried to kill you." She smiled at him and said, "She tried to kill my brother, not me."

"Natalie? just shut up and be careful, please." They stare at each other for a moment until she nods, "Okay. Good luck on the game, your campers will need it."

"And there's the Natalie I know."

She rolled her eyes at him and left. She saw the group of Shadysiders singing and whooping around, until her brother, Tommy, said, "Alright, Alright, Alright! Now remember, keep at least three defenders by this all the time." Referring to the blue flag.

Natalie smiles at the little kids who seemed excited, "Alright, who's the jailer?"

A short kid with glasses, Jeremy, raised his hand. "OK, Jeremy, you may be the most important player in the, uh... in the..."

"Tommy? Are you good?" Asked Natalie.

"Oh, hey. Yeah I'm...I'm good. Why don't you guys get started? Plant the flag. And I'll be right behind you. OK? Let's go, Shadyside!" The kids nod and leave. Natalie waited a few seconds before saying, "Are you sure?"