| X. Shittyside |

They were all there. Students, parents, children, everyone. "My family's been in Sunnyvale for generations, and now my brother is mayor, and I your sherriff. We've prospered here." Josh and Debbie were there too, praying for Heather's family and relatives. "And yet, I've seen you, our neighbours in Shadyside, suffer tragedy after tragedy. It's easy in times like this to drown in questions of why... Why this happened— but I know too well there are no answers that will provide relief."

Debbie wondered, why do tragedies like this only happen in Shadyside, from the research she has done during these past months, every serial killer that has been outside in the real world is originally from Shadyside, what does that mean?

"There's no peace found in the past." Debbie couldn't hear what sheriff Goode said after that because something clicked inside her, like she was sensing something far away from her was happening. When she looked behind her, she saw Deena and some girl with a cheerleader outfit on. "We must not fall into the darkness. We must look into the light."

Debbie snapped out of it and looked back to the sheriff, only to hear someone scoff besides her, "Yeah. What we should do is light a fuse and burn Shittyside."

Debbie, Josh, and some seniors looked to their side, one of them named Conner, saying, "What did you just say?"

"I said it ain't a tragedy if it happens every week. It's a joke." The Sunnyvaler said with a harsh tone. The younger girl scoffed, whispering loudly to Josh, "So mature."

"Hey, I heard that!" The boy got in front of Debbie, "Yeah, well It was meant to be heard, you asshole—" The immature boy was about to tackle her but Conner interfered, "You want to tackle that 16-year-old? I heard Juveniles are a great place for people like you." Conner pushed the Sunnyvaler guy and everyone started tackling each other. Someone was about to tackle Josh but Debbie felt it coming, so he punched the random dude.

"That was so cool, Debs!" Josh yelled over the people. The girl smiled, "I know a little bit of karate!" Josh scrunched his face, not knowing what she meant by that, "Karate kid! Cobra kai?" The boy realized what she was talking about, he gave her a thumbs up.

What they saw next really shocked them, "AHHHHH!!" Simon yelled, running towards the guy who tried to tackle Debbie, he was dressed as a green witch...interesting. Simon hit the guy with his witchy broom which in response he got, "You little green prick! Come here, you little bitch! Come here."

"We should get out of here." Josh said to Debbie. The girl nodded, trying to walk away from the fight, "Let's go to my house, we could talk to my dad about 1978."

"Good idea."

Both teenagers walked to the parking lot and drove in Debbie's dad's car that she borrowed for this occasion. And also, since it's a small town, there's no problem with driving at 16. Debbie's house was right outside Sunnyvale, it wasn't a long ride. When they finally arrived at her house, they walked in.

"Dad?" Debbie yelled. They heard sounds from the kitchen, when they entered it, they saw him. He turned to see who it was, "Oh, hello. Hi, Josh."

"Hi."

Debbie sat on the coach in front of his dad, Josh following her steps. The Vallace girl opened her backpack and took out the same journal she took out in the coffee shop with Josh. "So...dad?"

"What 's up?" He said, taking a bite of his sandwich. Debbie looked at the sandwich like a distraction whilst Josh looked at the sandwich like he met his soulmate. "So, remember that time you talked to me about your experience in camp nightwing and how a girl saved you from getting killed? One of Shadyside survivors?"