| VI. Anastasia |

"Are you sure she's back?" Kurt asked, holding the wheel while driving. He looked at Natalie for a quick second before looking back in front of him. Natalie on the other side, was looking through Mary's Lane journal stressed and shaking, "I—I don't really know..." She looked at Kurt, "But I don't think it's a coincidence that I knew he was gonna call before he actually called, you know?"

"How'd you know he was going to call?" He asked, worried about her. The woman sighed and said, "I heard his voice like seconds before he did, and then I heard a voice say 'Anastasia' , I've heard this name before,...." She pointed her finger to the journal, "back in '78."

Kurt stayed quiet, wanting to listening what she was saying, "When the milkman stabbed me, Tommy and the others saved me, when they killed the milkman—they all yelled, 'run, Anastasia, run' I never knew what they meant by that, but then I remembered I checked the journal before with Alice and Cindy. I saw her name, Anastasia Vallace, she was a friend of Sarah Fier. It says she sacrificed herself trying to save Sarah."

"So you think somehow you and Anastasia are related?" Kurt asked.

"I don't know, maybe? She could be my ancestor...."

Kurt kept driving to The Vallace's residence without saying another word. Natalie started breathing heavily, "What if something happens to you?" She asked, scared.

"Natalie, you know I'd rather me dying than you." Kurt simply said. They've had this conversation many times, Natalie saying she doesn't want to loose him, and Kurt saying he will stay and do anything just for her to be safe. "Kurt, I already lost people, and losing you would break me into pieces, I...I can't deal with that." Natalie looked him in the eye, her eyes saddened.

Kurt's eyes saddened and looked at the front, he saw the gate open to the neighbourhood of Rafael. When he finally parked outside his house, he sighed at what Natalie said and looked at her, "Just promise me you'll try not to get hurt."

The blonde girl tilted her head, "You know I can't do that." She smiled slightly. Kurt unbuckled his seat belt and did the same for his girlfriend. They quickly got out of the car and knocked on the Rafael's door, he slightly opened it to see who it was and when he saw it was Kurt and Natalie, he hugged them.

"Thank God, you're here." Natalie placed her chin in Rafael's shoulder, happy to know he's safe and nowhere near danger. "My daughter said your name right before she fainted," He nodded at Natalie. "That's why I called you."

Rafael walked back into his house and that's when Natalie saw the girl, a clear view of her. That's the girl she's been seeing since she got back in Shadyside, that's definitely not a coincidence.

Natalie stared at the unconscious girl and looked back at Rafael as she walked into the house with Kurt. "She just said my name? Nothing else?" She wondered. If anything, this could help her figure out what is really going on, maybe the same thing that happened to Natalie in '78 is is going to happened to Rafael's daughter.

"Josh said that he heard her say Anastasia Vallace together with your name, I don't know what it meant, though. I just thought it be better to bring you here so you can talk to her." Rafael suggested. Natalie chewed her bottom lip and nodded, she felt Kurt placing his hand on her lower back in protectiveness. And as they all walked into the living room, there was Josh and Rafael's daughter, Debbie.

Josh quickly stood up to introduce himself to Natalie, "Hi, I'm Josh." The slater woman shook Josh's hand and smiled at him, "I'm Natalie."

"Do you think it's a coincidence that Debbie has been seeing you in random places?" He asks. Rafael and Kurt turns to face Josh and Natalie, curious as to what he meant by that, "It's just...everything we went somewhere, we saw you, or that's what Debbie said, I don't think it's a coincidence, though." Natalie looked at the younger male and sighed, "Me neither."

Natalie Slater never thought she'd be sitting here, on a couch while staring at an unconscious girl who she's been seeing for the whole day since she's been back to Shadyside. And now that her old friend, Rafael, told her his daughter said her name before falling unconscious, made her conclude that them seeing each other through the whole day, was not a coincidence.

"Your name is Debbie, right?" Natalie asks, right after the younger girl wakes up. The girl stared at her, "How do you know my name?"

"Uhh, you're my friend's daughter."

"I've seen you, you're Anastasia." Debbie simply stated. Natalie furrowed her eyebrows and turned to Kurt, he shook his head, not saying anything.

"Why do you think that?" The older woman asks. Debbie stared at her, "I saw you, you were with her."

"With who?" Natalie asks, once again trying to gain information from the younger girl. Natalie looks at Kurt who's already looking at her with a preoccupied stare, the woman looked back to Debbie and sighed.

"With Sarah Fier."

A/n:

Hi everyone! sorry for the slowest update, I was in school and was doing projects and shit, I also kinda grew out of my fear street phase, so that's why I hand't updated for months. I'll try and finish this books 'cause i don't want to leave it hanging there, just don't expect fast updates!

Also, if you're into The Summer I Turned Pretty fics, I have one posted on my account!

It's a Conrad fic, I hope you also like that one!

Sorry this was a slow update and short chapter once again!