| IX. Skull Mask |

"As you all know, there indeed was a massacre at the mall last night." Josh turned to his side and looked at Debbie, she rolled her eyes whilst he shrugged his shoulders. "And I'm sure your eager little minds are coming up with various macabre scenarios as to what happened— but I am here to tell you that the perpetrator is deceased, so we already know what's gonna happen."

Debbie grew nervous and grabbed a piece of paper and wrote something on it. She quickly glanced at her teacher to see if he was looking, luckily he wasn't, she threw the paper to Josh and waved her hand at him so he could grab it.

Josh heard her voice and grabbed the piece of paper, opened it, then read it, "Do you think it's her?"

Josh knew who she was talking about so he wrote back, "I think so-- we should go to my house after school and talk about it, you in?" He passed her the paper and she responded, "Hell yeah :)"

They smiled at each other and looked back at their teacher who was talking about a reading they had to do. Minutes later, class ended which made everyone in class stand up from their sit and leave class.

Josh and Debbie walked together to the cafeteria. "Did you hear about yesterday?" Josh asked Debbie. She nodded in response, "Yeah, shit's going crazy again."

They took a seat on one of the lunch tables and began eating, "I'm 100% percent sure it was her." Josh said while eating. Debbie grabbed a carrot and took a bite of it, "Me too. Thank God we didn't go to the movies yesterday."

~

Natalie stayed in her car for a few minutes before calling Kurt, she waited for him to answer.

"Nat? How did it go." He asked. He was really worried about her— after all those years, she's been having nightmares about 1978, memories— to be more specific. Everyday, Kurt woke up to a crying Natalie which made him sad and guilty.

Natalie smiled at the sudden voice, "it was...alright, I guess."

"What do you mean?"

"Well he talked about how he thinks that she's back and how he needs my help." Natalie spoke. Kurt, in the other side, furrowed his eyebrows at what she said, "but he...you know—"

The woman sighed, "—I know. I just don't understand why he....all of a sudden—think she's back, I mean, don't you think that's kind of weird?"

"Kind of....yeah." Kurt pauses. They both sat in silence before Kurt continued. "Look, if you need to stay in Shady side for a couple of days, tell me. I'll go there and help you."

"don't you have work?"

Kurt smiled at the sound of her voice. "Work can wait, Natalie. I don't want to see you get hurt again." Natalie sighed again, "I..."

"You know what? I'll be there in 2 hours, yeah? I can take some days off, I doubt they'll notice I'm gone." Natalie laughed, "Okay. thanks again, be careful."

"you too." Natalie hung up the car phone and relaxed her back on the seat. she closed her eyes for a bit, images of 1978 coming back to her mind. She opened her eyes again, gasping for air, just to see the girl she saw a couple of hours ago, the young girl that had a piece of her hair dyed pink, she wondered why she was seeing her often.

Then she saw the similarities between herself and the young girl, the smile, eyes, nose—they looked almost alike. "what the fuck is happening?"

~

Debbie saw the same woman she saw in the morning, she seemed scared about something. "I swear, Josh. I've seen her two times now, it's getting scary."

"It's a small town, Debs. it's probably just that." Josh looked at the woman in the car and looked back to her friend, "But you do look alike."

Debbie rolled her eyes and started walking towards the coffee shop, Josh following behind. "What if she's my mom? I have never met her and my dad has never shown me pictures of her."

"Now you're overthinking it." he hurried his way next to Debbie and chuckled. Debbie saw officer Goode walking out from the coffee shop, "Afternoon, officer Goode."

Both teenagers greeted him. "Afternoon, kids."
Debbie noticed Officer Goode changing his expression from angry to happy, she didn't ask anything because it was none of her business.

"Come on." She said to his friend, they walked inside and sat on a cabinet. Josh looked around and murmured to Debbie, "I didn't bring money with me today." The girl smiled and said, "No worries, I brought extra money that my neighbour gave me for helping her build a bed."

"You know how to build a bed?" Josh asked. Debbie shrugged, "It's really not that hard." He nodded at her response, "So about....Sarah Fier, do you really think she's back?"

"Absolutely. Look." She took out a brown journal that said 'Don't touch or I'll kill you myself'. Josh rolled his eyes at the thing his friend brought, "Do you just bring this journal everywhere you go?"

"Yep. In case there's a situation related or connected to what we're talking about right now, which is Sarah Fier related, then yes—I do bring this journal everywhere I go." She stopped for a moment before continuing, "Anyway, I started writing some stuff in here when my dad told me about his time in Camp Nightwing, 1978."

Josh's eyes widened. "He was there?" The girl nodded, "Turns out the killer wasn't actually a stranger, my dad said they were friends, his name was Tommy Slater, and he almost killed my dad—but luckily a girl knocked Tommy out before he could slash him."

"Did he tell you the girl's name?"

Debbie shook her head, "He said it all happened so sudden, he couldn't even get a good look from her, but he did say she was blond—that's something."

"There's bazillions of blondes here."

"Right....."

TINA SPEAKS

hey yallllll, i really am sorry for being that kind of author that keeps you waiting for bazillions of years for an update, it's just—i was having a bad time at school and i really needed to get my grades up (luckily i passed with 7.6 of final grade) and i did it. this school year i'm doing really good, and that made me want to get back at writing, I know how you guys feel when an author is not updating your fav book (my ego is boosting, sorry) i've been through that and I do not make promises but i will try and finish this book so you guys can read it peacefully!!

I hope you like this, let me hear what your thoughts are on this chapter.!!!