| VIII. Reunion |

"Slater residence. How can I help you?"

"Natalie...." The guy whispered through the phone.

Natalie Slater sighed. Recognising the voice through the phone, "what do you want, Nick?" She gritted through her teeth.

"I need to talk to you."  Nick Goode, the man through the phone said.

It had been 16 years since the incident in Camp Nightwing, where Natalie Slater was sure she saw her own brother get possessed by Sarah Fier. Where Nick Goode said he didn't believe in the curse, where he said he was sure Tommy Slater just went crazy.

"I'm busy, maybe another time." She tried to hang off but Nick stopped her by saying, "It's Sarah Fier." She stayed quiet and let him talk, "I think- I think she's back."

"I said that 16 years ago and you didn't believe me, so why should I believe you?"

Nick sighed, "Please...just- meet me at the coffee at 11 am." Natalie hesitated at first but then agreed, "Fine."

Nick was about to say something but she already hung off. He grabbed his coat and left his house, making his way to the coffee shop.

On the other side, Natalie went to her room, changed into some comfy fall clothes. She grabbed her keys and went to her car, she put her seatbelt on and grabbed her phone, "Hey...."

"Natalie! Hey, is everything okay?"

"It's Nick....he called me." She whispered. The person Natalie was calling was someone who she trusted the most, the person who believed in her ghost stories, the person who was next to her when the incident happened. The person who promised her everything was going to be okay.

Kurt.

After everything Natalie went through, she needed someone by her side and. Tommy wasn't there to be that person, but Kurt was. After finishing high school, they moved to a mini apartment out of Shadyside, next to where Cindy Berman was supposed to go for college, to the apartment Tommy Slater was supposed to stay in.

Natalie decided to leave Shadyside and live her own life; she didn't want to live in the same place where her brother got possessed and murdered people. She thought Tommy would've wanted her to do the same, she also felt like it would be an honor to her brother as he wasn't able to make it out of Shadyside like he wanted to.

"What did he say?" Kurt asked curiously. 16 years ago, Nick Goode said something that made Kurt feel betrayed, he trusted him. And now Nick became a sheriff, he realised he didn't believe them about Sarah Fier because he would've never become a sheriff by telling ghost stories.

Natalie sighed and placed the phone between her shoulder and ear, "He said that Sarah Fier was back and that he needed to talk to me—"

"—And you said yes?"

"Well—I told him that I was busy and then he told me about Sarah Fier and I said yes..." She mumbled the last sentence. Kurt placed his right hand on his head and massaged it, "Nat...we've already talked about this."

She looked through the car window and saw a bunch of teenagers going to their school, one of them being a young girl that had a piece of her dyed pink who was talking to her friend with a smile on her face. The older woman warmly smiled at the action, "I know but, what if it's true? What if she's back and- and she possesses an innocent person, it's gonna be like Tommy all over again."

"Look, don't worry about it, okay? If you're okay with talking to Nick, then go to him. After you get done talking to him, you'll give me a call or send me a text, yeah?" Kurt said. He's been next to Natalie since the Nightwing's incident, he's been listening to her rabble about what she's been going through, he's been helping her since then, years by years. And even after that, he still loves her.