𝟘𝟘𝟡: 𝕞𝕠𝕞𝕞𝕪 𝕕𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕥

"You can't catch me!" I squeal, running from Benjiro in the darkest depths of the forest.

"Princess, this isn't fair! Just gimme a hug and we can go back home!" I heard him pant and yell out as he continues to chase after me. We've been playing together for about two hours now. What once was a game of Hide and Seek now became Tag because someone doesn't like to lose. As soon as he found me, I ran for the hills.

"You don't want a hug from me you liar, you're a big loser and losers pick fights against winners. You... you loser!" I laughed loudly as I began to climb a tree, knowing he isn't too fond of heights. I sat on an old, yet sturdy branch as I watch him look up at me with disbelief and exhaustion.

"Get down here!"

"Nuh uh, I'm older than you so I don't have to listen to a baby." I stick out my tongue and pull on the skin from under my eye.

"BY JUST FOUR MONTHS? THAT DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING!" He pouted, the nine year old banging on the tree's base, attempting for me to fall.

Before I could laugh at him, I took in what I really surrounded myself with. This tree was no ordinary maple or woodland tree, it was an apple tree. Red apples decorated the giant tree, all ripe for the picking and willingly giving its fruitful blessing to whoever may pass.

I grab one from my branch and hold it out to Benjiro's direction, an attempt of a peace offering.
He hums, and nods his head with his eyes closed. I throw the apple to him and he catches it, smiling.

Before we could continue on, a booming voice could be heard from beyond. We both turn to its direction, lo and behold it was,

"Mother..."

UNCLE SNOOZE:
Anzu

Anzu 🌙:
Yo-
We're in the same house why are u textin?

UNCLE SNOOZE:
Don't feel like getting up.
Answer ur mom's calls plz

Anzu 🌙:
😬
Plan my funeral por favor?

UNCLE SNOOZE:
Idk, she plans to kill me too.
gotta head back to the school for a bit.
Don't wait up.

Anzu 🌙:
Damn I'll eat this takeout without you
Stay safe tho
Read at 6:16 p.m.

"Glad I got you to stop putting your name after a text..." You thought to yourself.

It was inevitable that you'd have to call your mother eventually. The longer you waited, the more angry she would become. She isn't very motherly when she's angry.

Many times as a child, you would take her patience to the limit. None, of course, were intentional. In fact, you were afraid of that devilish woman. It was simply that nothing you did ever satisfied her for the goals she had for you. You could carry four, grown adults on your back and she'd still look at you with disappointment, commanding you to carry a fifth, sixth, and seventh.

"But I can only carry so much, mother. I'm not even 12 yet!" You'd huff, struggling to carry the men on your back.

She'd recoil, lifting your trembling head with her cold hand "Then I suggest you get to work. By the time you're 12 you should carry these men plus six more. With that said, keep going."