𝕒/𝕟: 𝕚 𝕨𝕒𝕟𝕥 𝕥𝕠 𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕘𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤

Hellooo, incoming your very inactive, spaced out author here 🤪

Okay so I know that I'm already 9-10 chapters deep in this story so this is absolutely poor timing for this decision. Although we are not far in with the plot it's still inconvenient of me to do this and I truly apologize. But there's something I want to do and I hope you all respect it, especially to the one person who consistently reads my shitty story and comments almost every time 😔🤚🏽 (tag them here)

There's times where I'm reading a fanfic and I'm sure you all have experienced this as well; when y/n is blushing or casually putting her long, flowy, angelic, yada yada yada hair in a messy bun. Her orbs dazzling with the oceanic blue / forest green. Yeah, all that? I sometimes get sick of ngl. Because I personally cannot relate to it. If you haven't noticed yet, I'm a POC, aka I'm black. If I blush, it isn't that noticeable because of my skin tone, I don't have silky smooth blond hair. My eyes are forever a dark brown, all of which I'm learning to be okay with. I'm naturally thick in certain areas because that's how genes work 💃🏽✨

The sad reality is, there aren't a lot of [ character x black reader ] stories. Not saying there aren't a lot, because I've gotten recommendations here and there. Hell I'll show some of them eventually if y'all want. But I'm saying there's some stories that do black readers justice and some just... don't. Be it because they were stereotyped or it was written by a person who wasn't black, whatever. Now me? I want this for my community. I want all of us to be comfortable enough to have our comfort characters in various stories with us. I want us to feel included in this genre we call fanfiction.

A lot of people look down upon black reader stories because they'll be like:

"the story's good but I'm not black this isn't fair"

"Wash day is an irrelevant event in any black reader story"

"Why are we so loud and ghetto?? The stereotyping is astronomical"

"Forever getting our nails and wigs done, hood rat type beat."

And a lot of other things within those lines. Don't get me wrong, I hate being stereotyped, like I haaaaate it. But all in all, the story is inclusive for black people so I enjoy it either way Yknow?

So my decision is, I'll be making this, and soon to be other, stories specifically for black readers. If you aren't black PLEASE don't feel obligated to leave just because of this change. I'm sorry if this doesn't suit you. Aside from the melanin, hair, mannerisms, you are most definitely welcome here. I just want to give more representation, that's all.

If you accept this, I truly thank you. If you don't, that's fine, but don't tell me about it and don't fuss with me. The argument will not go well :)

Thanks so much for 500+ reads as well. Y'all are so cool and for what?! Had a bitch giggling like a kid at Disneyland 😅 I know I usually update monthly and I personally want to update more frequently. But for reasons that I can't disclose yet, all I can say is I'm trying my best. If anything, chapter 10 should be out sometime next week.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I'll see you soon ♥️

-Kuo