C H A P T E R T W O

WALKING THROUGH THE paddock seemed to take up all of Zia's time. Floods of people from each garage seemed to walk out just as Zia passed them, and it was always someone she knew.

After giving a short greeting to Romain Grojean, Sebastian Vettel, Jessica Hawkins and Ted Kravitz who was filming a piece for Ted's Notebook, she hurried up into the Ferrari building and walked towards the lady sat on the front desk.

"Ciao! How can I help you?"

"Hi, I was wondering is Mr. Binotto is free? I just need five minutes."

The woman looked at her sympathetically. "Zia Powman?" she asked her voice slightly somber.

Zia was thrown by her reaction, and began to feel nervous. "Uh, yeah."

The woman nodded and picked up the desk phone, pressing one of the buttons on the panel. Someone answered her and she began to converse in Italian. After a few minutes, she placed the phone back down and gestured towards the set of stairs towards Zia's right. "Just up those steps, first door on your left is Mr. Binotto's office. He's up there already."

"Thank you." Zia said, before hurrying up the stairs. She tried to calm herself down as she stood outside of Binnoto's office and knocked.

"Come in!"

Zia slowly opened the door, and Binotto looked up from his computer screen. "Zia, please sit."

His voice was monotone, and it made Zia even more nervous than she already was.

The woman sat down in a chair opposite the Team Principal, who finished typing something before looking at her. "I think I know why you're here."

"Sir, I am incredibly sorry about today, and my attitude after the crash, but I was, and still am angry about Russell's actions. That was one of my best drives this season, and he just-" she stopped herself before she lost it.

"I didn't mean to react the way I did. His reaction just got the better of me. He believed I was in the wrong, even after Michael Masi told him I was ahead. It just got to me."

Binotto sighed. "Miss Powman, I understand your frustration. I really do. But, your reputation has taken a hit from your reaction. Thousands of people sat at home watching the Grand Prix have seen you lash out at Russell."  He rubbed his eyes underneath his round glasses, not wanting to say the next words that came out of his mouth."Zia we can't have incidents that that here at Ferrari."

"Sir if you could just please-"

"I'm sorry for you. I am. But unfortunately, we can't afford this at our current state. After Sebastian leaves, we will be giving Carlos Sainz the seat with Charles."

"Sainz isn't even a Ferarri junior. He came up with Red Bull, and now he's driving a Mercedes powered car." Zia retorted. "Sainz?" she thought "Where did that come from?"

"But he delivers... and doesn't confront the driver involved in a crash on the track, whilst cars are still driving around."

Zia sighed and looked down at her lap.

"What you did was incredibly dangerous. I understand you've gained a penalty point for it. If I'm honest, I completely agree you needed one." Binotto gave her a sympathetic look.

"I'm sorry Zia. But that's all I can say."

She knew there was no point arguing. She nodded and stood up, walking towards the door. Before she left, Binotto called her back. She turned around and waited for him to speak.