C H A P T E R T W E N T Y

THIS was it. Zia's big chance. Her last chance.
Abu Dhabi would decided whether she would stay or whether she would go.

She was stressed walking towards the track, and had Alice talking to her, trying to comfort her as Lance walked with them, every now and again squeezing Zia's shoulder for comfort.

Zia couldn't hear what Alice was saying, she was too zoned out, trying to wrap her head around how she was meant to get on that podium without taking herself or anyone else out of the race.

She'd talked to Lance about it on the walk towards their cars, and he promised to let her by if needed, although, Zia told him he better be joking.

When they walked through the entrance cut out of the fence, Lance gave Zia one last hug, and Alice a fist bump before jogging off to find Seb.

Alice hurried Zia along to her car, and then began telling Zia's race engineer about how she was feeling, and the best way to speak to her during the race.

Zia sat down on the grass beside the pit barrier, and placed her head against her tucked up knees.

"Breath." she thought to herself. "You're not doing yourself any good getting stressed."

She looked up, and rested her head against the concrete wall, her eyes scanning the busy track, full of famous people, mechanics and journalists running around.

She spotted Martin Brundle running around after some B-List celebrity, wanting their opinion on 'Max or Lewis.'

She laughed at the sight of Martin running to catch up with people, before she turned her head, her eyes falling on a certain Williams driver, who was doing some last minute reaction practice with his trainer.

Zia watched as George laughed with his trainer, and how he attempted to focus on his reaction as Aleix made jokes.

Zia smiled to herself as she watched George try and hold on his laughs, ultimately standing up straight, and pushing Aleix's shoulder back.

Aleix laughed, before patting George's shoulder, telling him something, and holding his hand out for George to take.

George shook Aleix's hand, before pulling him in for a quick hug, hitting his back slightly as Aleix walked away.

Zia watched as George turned his head, looking around the track, before he found Zia sat on the floor.

His eyes lit up as he spotted her staring at him, and a smug smirk as he noticed Zia staring at him, and she rolled her eyes, but continued to smile.

When she looked back at him, George was smiling too. He clenched his first slightly, lifting it up slightly, and punching the air like a mini celebration.

He mouthed to her. "Go for it."

Zia smiled wildly. She copied his action, and nodded, telling him she would. George winked at her, before he walked over to Aleix who had returned with his helmet.

Suddenly, Alice bent down beside Zia. "Hey babe."

Zia looked towards the blonde. "Hi."

Alice took a hold of one of Zia's hands and squeezed it. "You've got the anthem now, and then I have to go."

Zia's eyes immediately widened but Alice continued to speak. "I know, but Alex will be there, his excuse is "I'm still technically Red Bull." so he's aloud to be on track up until the formation." she assured her friend.

Zia nodded, and the pair stood up and Zia pulled Alice into a tight hug.

"You'll do amazing mi amour." Alice said, rubbing Zia's back. "I love you."