C H A P T E R E I G H T

ABU DHABI
FRIDAY

ZIA made her way towards the RedBull garage, quite nervously. Christian had told her on the phone there was nothing to worry about, but even so, she was playing with the rings on her finger to distract herself from the meeting.

When she reached the garage, she was greeted by a woman, who showed her to Christian's office and knocked on his door. There was a faint 'yeah' from inside the office, and the woman opened the door, poking her head inside. "Zia Powman for you Mr. Horner."

"Brilliant, send her in Jane."

The woman, Jane, stepped aside for Zia to move into the office. When she stepped inside, Jane shut the door behind her, leaving Zia more nervous than before.

"Zia! Great to see you." Christian said as he stood up and shook Zia's hand.

Zia gave him a smile, "And you." she said. Christian let go of her hand and gestured for her to take a seat in one of the chairs infront of his desk. Zia did so, and began to play with her rings again to distract her nerves.

Christian leant back in his chair slightly as he faced Zia." I know you're wondering why I asked you to come here, so there's no point beating about the bush." he said.

He cleared his throat before continuing. "At the end of the season, Alex will be leaving us, he's had an offer somewhere else and we have a seat free."

Zia's eyes widened slightly at this news, Alex hadn't mentioned anything about moving teams. 'Maybe he didn't want to make a big deal about it.' she thought to herself.

Christian's voice snapped her out of her thoughts."You're drive at Sakhir was perfect up until the car failed, and Helemt spoke to me the other week, saying he was rather impressed with you. As was I."

"Thank you." Zia said quietly, feeling she'd been silent for too long, and wanted to say something.

Christian sat up straight in his chair, and bent down to take something out of one of his drawers. He re-emerged with a piece of paper, which he pushed towards Zia, which she oeared down at.

"You are an exceptional driver Zia, and we want you to race with us her at RedBull for next season." he said.

Zia looked up from the paper, staring at Christian with a look of disbelief, mouth open slightly.

"We've already started work on our car for next season, and we'll definitely have a chance to steal away Mercedes' glory." Christian said, in an attempt to sell the seat a bit more. "I understand this will be a tough decision, so-"

"No." Zia said, inturupting Christian. She shut her eyes tightly when she realised how that had sounded, "I mean, I don't have to think about it."

Christian didn't say anything, but have her a look as if to say 'yes?'. Zia took a deal breath and nodded. "I'll take the seat."

Christian grinned. "Brilliant. I've spoken to your manager about this before hand, so whenever you want to sign that contract," he said, gesturing to the paper on the desk, "Sign away."

Zia hesitated slightly before looking up at Christian from the contact. "Do you have a pen I can borrow?"

Christian gestured to a small pot of stationery on his desk, and Zia picked a pen from it, taking the cap off and holding it in her hand.

She drew her signiture on the paper, and gave it back to Christian. He took the pen off of her and signed his name too. When he finished, he placed his pen on the desk and smiled at Zia.

"Welcome to RedBull."

SUPRISE SHAWTY

SUPRISE SHAWTY

Zia Powman, NO 62, RedBull second driver.

sounds good.

drama headed you're way people 👀