C H A P T E R ONE

MICHAEL MASI'S OFFICE

GEORGE AND ZIA sat in silence. After the race had finished, they had both been called into the race director's office to clear up the situation.

George was still very angry. He had been fighting for points in a Williams, but it seemed everytime he could see a glimpse of them, they got ripped away by some sort of silly mistake.

Zia herself was furious. George had obviously already seen footage of the crash. Why wouldn't he just admit he'd been behind? What was the point in going through all this arguing?

The door opened and Masi walked in, closing the door behind him. He didn't speak until he had sat down behind his desk, facing the two drivers. "First of all, are you both okay? That was a nasty crash."

The pair nodded.

"Alright, well that's a good start. Listen, after reviewing the footage, we've decided that George, you will be taking three penalty points on your licence for that incident, as Zia was in front of you when you cut her off-"

"Are you joking?" he asked in disbelief.

Masi stared at him, wide eyed. "No Mr. Russell, I am serious."

"Thank you." Zia muttered. She gave George a look, as if to say, see?.

"But Ms. Powman, you have been awarded a point also."

Zia snapped her head back to Masi. "What? Why? How is any of this my fault?"

"You initiated the argument afterwards, which in turn held the marshals up from cleaning away the debris."

"Argument? Really?"

"I know this is frustrating but the race was red flagged after you two crashed, and with the both of the still stood beside the cars, it postponed the start more than it really should have."

Zia sighed and leant back in her chair. This was just perfect.

Masi went on to discuss things with both drivers, until he dismissed them. Zia shot up and left the room, not looking behind her once. She ran a hand through her hair and sighed. She heard footsteps behind her and George rounded the corner, spotting her. "Powman wait."

"What Russell?"

George stopped in front of her, mouth open, like he hadn't thought this far. Zia looked at him as if to say well? He sighed "I'm not going to apologise for any of this-"

Zia scoffed and turned to leave, but George grabbed her upper arm, causing her to turn back towards him. "I'm not going to apologise, I won't. But I'm just going to say I don't want what happened to happen again. Can we come to a gentleman's agreement?"

Zia stared at him, at a loss for words. "Last time I checked I wasn't a gentleman. But if that's what you want to call it." She pulled her arm back out of his grasp. "I've got interviews about how much of an idiot you are to complete." she said, before turning around and walking away from the Williams driver.

"HE'S SUCH A prick Alice." Zia said as she flopped down onto her hotel bed. Zia's best friend, Alice Breakmon was sat on the sofa, listening to Zia rant about the accident and the British Driver.